Griswold plays baseball - Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    11 innings and 3 plate appearances? How many players are on the field at a time, 20?
    Well, we can bat up to 14 players, so that even if you don't play in the field, you can bat.

And since the game was low scoring....and I batted 11th (because I stink...lol), yeah I only got 3 AB's.

I was next up in the 12th but we didn't get there.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Another 0-3....the sad part is that I'm hitting the ball hard BUT right at people!

I had 3 line shots to short, center and right. If any of the balls are hit a foot higher or 10 feet right or left, then I'm 3 for 3!

I don't remember all of the fanalytics calculations, but I'm pretty sure I have an excellent LD% and BABIP or xBA or whatever!

I'm officially at or below the Mendoza line and officially DEAD-LAST in BA on the team!

So, after 7 weeks of play.....YTD stats: Batting Avg: .200 (4-20) Runs scored: 1
      I'm surprised that none of our more fanalytic members here have calculated your WAR or VORP or whatever is in fashion. I'd think that your LD% would be a positive, but how many of your 16 outs were K's?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        I'm surprised that none of our more fanalytic members here have calculated your WAR or VORP or whatever is in fashion. I'd think that your LD% would be a positive, but how many of your 16 outs were K's?
        I think it was 4 K's. Lol

Yeah, I thought the same thing....btw, what is VORP?

Comment

Oh yeah...hitting stats...lol

YTD stats: Batting Avg: .227 (5-22) Runs scored: 1

Yeah, I'm batting over my weight now!!!!

Comment

I think it was 4 K's. Lol

Yeah, I thought the same thing....btw, what is VORP?
            VORP = Value Over Replacement Player

n00b
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              VORP = Value Over Replacement Player

n00b
              n00b = MY VORP?

Comment

I'm pretty sure if the pool of replacement players is the rest of this board (maybe MJ in exception) your VORP is pretty high. Most of us apparently are made for playing badmitten (if not for spelling it)
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I'm pretty sure if the pool of replacement players is the rest of this board (maybe MJ in exception) your VORP is pretty high. Most of us apparently are made for playing badmitten (if not for spelling it)
                  I'm below team-average this season - .320/.308/.360, 3 K, 3 SB in 26 PA; team average is around a .900 OPS. I was average last year.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    I'm below team-average this season - .320/.308/.360, 3 K, 3 SB in 26 PA; team average is around a .900 OPS. I was average last year.
                    Is this baseball or softball?

Comment

Is this baseball or softball?
                      If it is softball I hope it is fast pitch otherwise that is ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        the defense is playing with basically mittens though, right?
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

It's wood-bat hardball with 1886 rules and equipment, so the gloves are terrible but we're also using a dead ball and 42-ounce bats and the pitchers are throwing overhand from 50 feet away. In the three years I've been doing this I've never seen a home run and I've seen fewer than five triples. The best hitters on our team have about a .550/.560/.650 line but the other above-average guys are more like .450/.450/.500. It's very heavy on singles and stealing bases.

Last edited by mjl; 07-23-2014, 04:48 PM.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

okay, 2 for 3 with a walk playing softball for the first time in forever. They made me be the catcher since I hadn't worn a real glove in so long.

Comment

there's no walking in softball!
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                there's no walking in softball!
                                Actually there is more walking now then ever - Count start 1-1 - We had 3 walks in last game.

Comment

Working...
                                X