$1 pitching flyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 pitching flyers

I have three spots budgeted to spend $1 on for pitching. I like to go for new guys with upside. I will start with these guys, please add to this if you can as you never know if someone is in love with one of these guys and will bid up the price. So need to have a list with many guys in case some of the targets get priced out.

James Paxton
    Corey Kluber

What size league is it? $1 could mean a lot of different things depending on league size.

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
      I have three spots budgeted to spend $1 on for pitching. I like to go for new guys with upside. I will start with these guys, please add to this if you can as you never know if someone is in love with one of these guys and will bid up the price. So need to have a list with many guys in case some of the targets get priced out.

James Paxton
      Corey Kluber
      Size and type of league? Those two aren't $1 players in an AL-only league.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        What size league is it? $1 could mean a lot of different things depending on league size.
        Sorry, 12 team 5x5 mixed. $260 cap. 12 keeper dynasty we also have a pretty deep minors roster. So $1 pitchers can be big since the top guys are usually locked up for years.

In the past I got lucky with Shawn Marcum, Phil Hughes (4 or 5 years ago) and Lance Lynn before they actually had a track record of any sorts

Comment

if you can get kluber for $1, you should be pretty pleased. The kind of guy I'd think you'd be able to get is more Bruce Chen instead of Scott Kazmir
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Eovaldi?

Kluber has a lot of hype and might cost more.

Maybe Brandon McCarthy? One of the A's like Straily or Milone?

Comment

Eovaldi is a fit. Could probably get Syndergaard.

Maybe Cody Allen as a reliever candidate.

Comment

Hutchison, Tor
                ERamirez, Sea
                Paxton, Sea
                EJohnson, Chi

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Roenis Elias, the new SP with Seattle. Half your league has likely never even heard of him. I hadn't either until Sunday morning, when I made a list of AL SPs, crossed off the kept guys, scrawled a big NO!!! across the names of the likes of Guthrie, Correia, Saunders, and Pelfrey, and started estimating prices. My rationale for getting guys like him is that if they stink, they'll be sent down and won't hurt me anymore, while the likes of the guys I named will keep getting sent out to get pounded, at least when I have them active.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X