"Days on ML Roster" stat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Days on ML Roster" stat?

Trying to get some info and not sure where to find it.

My league uses ROY eligibility to determine if a player is still considered a minor leaguer or not, which affects the salary he can be kept at.

That rule boils down to:

A player loses the minor league designation permanently when he: exceeds 130 major league at-bats or 50 major league innings pitched; or he spends more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club during the 25-player limit period (prior to September 1).

Easy enough, unless there's reason to believe a guy who's under the ABs or IP has been on rosters that long. Case in point: Trevor Bauer. 33 IP in 8 games started. Is there an easy way to figure out how long he sat on the roster in AZ and CLE over 2 years?

I don't know of an easy way, but I always used MLB transactions to see when a player was called up and sent down.

I haven't checked Baseball Cube to see if they have anything specifically helpful.

Comment

this is exactly why our league did away with the "or he spends..." (in our case it was 3 weeks).

130 ML AB or 50 ML IP is trivial to track. anything else and you just twist your knickers into a knot arguing about whether the player was called up at 11pm on one day or 2am the next, and how it relates to your roster change deadline.

we just decided to do away with it - what does it add, really, anyway?
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Trevor Bauer still has rookie eligibility.

Recalled from Reno 6/28/2012
        Optioned to Reno 7/18/2012
        Recalled from Columbus 4/6/2013
        Optioned to Columbus 4/6/2013
        Recalled from Columbus 5/1/2013
        Optioned to Columbus 5/1/2013
        Recalled from Columbus 5/13/2013
        Optioned to Columbus 5/13/2013
        Recalled from Columbus 6/28/2013
        Optioned to Columbus 6/28/2013
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Trevor Bauer still has rookie eligibility.

Recalled from Reno 6/28/2012
          Optioned to Reno 7/18/2012
          Recalled from Columbus 4/6/2013
          Optioned to Columbus 4/6/2013
          Recalled from Columbus 5/1/2013
          Optioned to Columbus 5/1/2013
          Recalled from Columbus 5/13/2013
          Optioned to Columbus 5/13/2013
          Recalled from Columbus 6/28/2013
          Optioned to Columbus 6/28/2013
          Damn, that's service! Thanks much.

Comment

Yes, good point.

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
            this is exactly why our league did away with the "or he spends..." (in our case it was 3 weeks).

130 ML AB or 50 ML IP is trivial to track. anything else and you just twist your knickers into a knot arguing about whether the player was called up at 11pm on one day or 2am the next, and how it relates to your roster change deadline.

we just decided to do away with it - what does it add, really, anyway?

Comment

Working...
            X