Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver vs. Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    now high of 50 for Sunday afternoon - warmest day of the whole week.
    low of 26, but we can handle that
    Kickoff temperature should be in the upper 30s or low 40s. Wind is not expected to be a major factor, there may be sporadic light drizzle. Manning's performance tends to take a small hit when the temperature drops below 40, and a more pronounced dip when it drops below 30, so this recent forecast is good news for The Donk-O's.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

So what's the Bullpen consensus? Denver are edging it with the bookmakers ...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I think if Seattle wins, their defense will go down as one of the best of the Super Bowl era. Certainly one of the best passing defenses ever. And if they do win, it will be because of the defense, so I'll say Seattle gets a special teams TD and an INT TD and takes it by a 21-17 score.

Comment

Is Fox really using the Super Bowl pre-game show as an opportunity to air an ambush on President Obama by Bill O'Reilly? Wow.

Comment

I think Peyton will ultimately cap off one of the greatest individual seasons of all time, Broncos 26-24.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm rooting for Denver, but it won't ruin my life if Seattle wins. As long as the Super Bowl winner isn't New England, Dallas, Cincinnati, or the Giants, I'm happy for the winner and congratulate the loser on a job well done in making it to the game.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                But you two seriously wouldn't even go to a Superbowl in, say, San Diego for FREE?
                Now that I would do. My brother lives there, so I'd give him the other ticket and crash on his couch.

Changing the subject a little--Let's suppose that The Great Roger Goodell Himself Live And In Person dodges the weather bullet today. Do you think the next cold weather site Super Bowl he'll force on the owners could be anywhere other than New England, home of his other puppet master?
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Peyton is doing his best Eli impresion so far. What a disastrous first half for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I think if Seattle wins, their defense will go down as one of the best of the Super Bowl era. Certainly one of the best passing defenses ever. And if they do win, it will be because of the defense, so I'll say Seattle gets a special teams TD and an INT TD and takes it by a 21-17 score.
                    Nailed it so far.

Comment

Peyton and Papa John should reimburse fans for sitting through this shite

Comment

Nailed it so far.

Now I nailed it!

Comment

Most of the dogs in the Puppy Bowl tackled better than the Broncos did today.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            I still can't really even come up with one thing that's better on TV than in real life. Doing stuff and going places > watching TV.
                            I've been agreeing with El Diablo too much lately. I want to break that trend...but not this time. Do you all need the commentary to aid you in watching a football game?
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

So...anyone think Demaryius Thomas would have 5 more receptions than his team would have points?
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Seattle defense WOW!
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X