Roy Halladay Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    While I agree with you about Pedro, a lot don't. The only two I see as slam dunks are Maddux and Big Unit.
    Pedro will get in on the first ballot. If anything, he is slightly OVERrated by current writers, because his "rate stats" per inning are so off the charts. Not his fault that he got yanked early in games, but it also means the innings he didn't pitch would have been when he was most tired. Doesn't matter - he's an all-time great and deserving of ASAP induction as with Maddux and RJ.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Kevin Brown was a great pitcher, but also a surly guy who was a vagabond to boot. He never put down roots long enough for his pitching skills to be appreciated. He had a better career than a LOT of Hall of Fame pitchers, but he couldn't even reach 5 percent to stay on the ballot.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        Someone seriously questions Pedro's being qualified for the Hall?

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Pedro Martínez. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Look at his career, look at his numbers in his prime (1997-2005) compiled at the height of the steroids era, look at his "Hall of Fame Statistics" section.

If someone can look at the numbers, tell me he's not qualified, and do it with a straight face, I'll be impressed with that person's acting ability.
        I certainly think he should be in. But I've seen articles that says he lacks counting stats. IMO even if that we're true he'd get in on the Koufax rule
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yikes.

The National Transportation Safety Board issued a report summarizing its investigation into the November 2017 crash, which found that Halladay had 10 times the acceptable levels of amphetamines in his system as well as morphine and an unnamed antidepressant that can impair judgment. Just before he died, the NTSB found, Halladay had performed a series of dangerous maneuvers like high-speed climbs and dives as well as turns just five feet above the waters of Tampa Bay. One sequence of climbs and dives ended with his plane hitting the water, killing him, according to the report.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Pedro will get in on the first ballot.
            NARRATOR: "Pedro did indeed get in on the first ballot - with 91.1 percent of the vote."

I finally got one right - even if it was a layup!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
            X