• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Joe Girardi named new manager.
    He's a good catch

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      He's a good catch
      Compared to Dusty? Heck yes! Showalter seemed to be a popular choice, but locals seem to be mostly Girardi fans if sports talk radio is any indication. Maybe some accountability will be forthcoming? I sure hope so!
      Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        He's a good catch
        I see what you did there.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• McCutchen to start the season on the IL with soreness from his ACL tear.

Comment

McCutchen to start the season on the IL with soreness from his ACL tear.
            Bump up Jay Bruce I guess.

The team is hopeful that McCutchen will be able to return at some point during the month of April, Matt Gelb of The Athletic reports.
            That worries me a lot.

Comment

• Seranthony Dominguez has arrived in the United States and will soon undergo Tommy John surgery.

Dominguez was recommended for the reconstructive elbow procedure way back in March, but he struggled through "weeks of failed attempts to depart his home in the Dominican Republic amid the coronavirus pandemic," per Matt Gelb of The Athletic. The delay will likely push his rehab into late 2021.
              Source: The Athletic
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Seranthony Dominguez has arrived in the United States and will soon undergo Tommy John surgery.

Dominguez was recommended for the reconstructive elbow procedure way back in March, but he struggled through "weeks of failed attempts to depart his home in the Dominican Republic amid the coronavirus pandemic," per Matt Gelb of The Athletic. The delay will likely push his rehab into late 2021.
                Source: The Athletic
                This is the year to get all the surgeries you love but never wanted to have!

Comment

• The Phils placed Hector Neris & Scott Kingery on the 10-day IL already, with no explanations. I guess this is how it's gonna be this season.....

Comment

The Phils placed Hector Neris & Scott Kingery on the 10-day IL already, with no explanations. I guess this is how it's gonna be this season.....
                    My question about this, though, is the IL is 10s now, but covid quarantine is 14. If they really wanna hide this thing, they should change it to a 14 day IL. Of course, I don't think hiding it is for the players. I think it is to avoid blowback from the public on the number of cases. Either way, it will look suspicious any time a player misses exactly 14 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      My question about this, though, is the IL is 10s now, but covid quarantine is 14. If they really wanna hide this thing, they should change it to a 14 day IL. Of course, I don't think hiding it is for the players. I think it is to avoid blowback from the public on the number of cases. Either way, it will look suspicious any time a player misses exactly 14 days.
                      I thought I heard that a players have to test covid negative and be without a fever for two consecutive days to play? Or something like that.

Comment

• The Phillies "have informed" top pitching prospect Spencer Howard that he will be promoted to make his major league debut Sunday, Scott Lauber of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
                        This news has been a long time in the making -- literally, he was anticipated to make his debut nearly two weeks ago before COVID-19 forced the Phillies to postpone their weekend series against the Marlins -- and it seems we now have a date. The Phillies will play a doubleheader consisting of two seven-inning games against the Braves on Sunday, and it's not yet clear which one the young right-hander will start. Which doesn't matter, though, only that he'll get the call. Howard is among the top prospects in the game after putting up a 2.03 ERA, 0.83 WHIP and 94/16 K/BB ratio across 71 minor league innings last year. If he's available in your league -- as of early Saturday, he was rostered in just 28 percent of Yahoo leagues -- change that immediately. He's a difference-making talent.

SOURCE: The Philadelphia Inquirer
                        Aug 8, 2020, 8:27 AM ET

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          It's to comply with HIPAA and the collective bargaining agreement.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The Phillies "have informed" top pitching prospect Spencer Howard that he will be promoted to make his major league debut Sunday, Scott Lauber of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
                            Messrs Acuna and Freeman welcomed him in a way only they could.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I have no idea what party this guy is, but this was hilarious:

https://twitter.com/RepBrendanBoyle/...112584708?s=20
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Bohm getting the call

Comment

Working...
                                X