Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: 2K19: Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Sharky's Avatar
    All fair points. However Vargas was a punk — just check his comments to the reporter after that Callaway comment/scandal. Time to go.

I find it more ridiculous that the Mets are more willing to trade with their division competition and geographical rival than they are the Yankees. Shows how the Mets arent exactly business savvy.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I find it more ridiculous that the Mets are more willing to trade with their division competition and geographical rival than they are the Yankees. Shows how the Mets arent exactly business savvy.
    Do we know the Yankees were actually willing to give the Mets anything of value? Based on the fact that the Yankees need starting pitching and they did not make a trade, perhaps the Yankees wanted to trade nothing of value to acquire a starting pitcher. Despite what callers to WFAN would say, I doubt the Mets want to take one low-level prospect from the Yankees for Syndergaard.

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    Do we know the Yankees were actually willing to give the Mets anything of value? Based on the fact that the Yankees need starting pitching and they did not make a trade, perhaps the Yankees wanted to trade nothing of value to acquire a starting pitcher. Despite what callers to WFAN would say, I doubt the Mets want to take one low-level prospect from the Yankees for Syndergaard.
    This was more of a general thing than it was specific to this particular deadline. The Mets and the Yanks dont trade. However, apparently, the Mets and Phillies do. Seems stupid to me. You dont see it that way?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    This was more of a general thing than it was specific to this particular deadline. The Mets and the Yanks dont trade. However, apparently, the Mets and Phillies do. Seems stupid to me. You dont see it that way?
    I guess I don't know if it is a corporate policy or not. If the Yankees have ever made the best offer to the Mets and the Mets have turned it down to take a lesser offer, then I would agree that it is moronic. But I don't know that it is the case.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Sharky's Avatar
    Agreed. And somehow it’s the Mets’ fault, not the Yankees’ fault?

Takes two to tango. I’m guessing the Yankees just wouldn’t pay up - unlike the Astros, who added Greinke.

Triple-A
    any word on Jay Bruce and his return date?

from nbcsports.com yesterday

"The offense could get a boost in San Francisco. Jay Bruce is expected to be activated from the injured list in the next day or two."

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-together-fast

I'm in a weird spot. Bruce owner, but I also own CDickerson, and my UT is Beaty who is taking advantage of LAD injuries. so be careful, Jay.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    5-way battle for 3rd as Sept arrives; it's all up to Mad Max now
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Leake, Eflin, Brault
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Beaty, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Desmond 25, Dyson 8, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Marquez

Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    from nbcsports.com yesterday

"The offense could get a boost in San Francisco. Jay Bruce is expected to be activated from the injured list in the next day or two."

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-together-fast

I'm in a weird spot. Bruce owner, but I also own CDickerson, and my UT is Beaty who is taking advantage of LAD injuries. so be careful, Jay.
    my one team which is in a good fight for first needs the jay bruce hitting ... fingers crossed his return is powerful and immediate

Philly fires hitting coach Mallee and installs Charlie Manual in the position
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...