No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after the team went 161-163 during his two seasons.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Sacking Kapler will be more important than any signings they might do this offseason.

Comment

• For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't also fire GM Matt Klentak. He is the one who hired Kapler, who urged Middleton retain Kapler. To be fair, Kapler didn't have a whole lot to work with, given the huge mistake in the evaluation of talent from the front office. Kapler just didn't seem to be able or willing to adjust to game situations, instead going by the numbers to a fault. Lot of bone-headed moves! A clean sweep would have been much better.
        Bearin' up!

Comment

• Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Phillies will interview Dusty Baker for their managerial vacancy.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Phillies will interview Dusty Baker for their managerial vacancy.
            Buck Showalter will also interview for the Phillies manager job this week.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Phillies will interview Dusty Baker for their managerial vacancy.
              Please Lord, not that.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Please Lord, not that.
                Out of the frying pan into the fire. This team has no clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
                  For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't also fire GM Matt Klentak. He is the one who hired Kapler, who urged Middleton retain Kapler. To be fair, Kapler didn't have a whole lot to work with, given the huge mistake in the evaluation of talent from the front office. Kapler just didn't seem to be able or willing to adjust to game situations, instead going by the numbers to a fault. Lot of bone-headed moves! A clean sweep would have been much better.
                  This is easy. They signed Klentak to 3 year extension. No way he is going yet.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I would laugh and make a smart remark but the Cubs are interviewing Kapler.

Comment

• If the Phils think their bullpen was worn out under Kapler, wait until they hire Dusty Baker! He is the absolute worst manager of the bullpen I have ever seen. I sincerely hope the management has better sense than that!
                      Bearin' up!

Comment

• New 3 batter rule going into effect this year... will be interesting to see how some of these guys adapt.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Buck Showalter, Joe Girardi, and Dusty Baker are the only three manager candidates to interview with the Phillies, who are reported to be looking for an experienced manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Start at the bottom and descend.

Is this the same club that won the 2008 title with 80% home grown talent?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Buck Showalter, Joe Girardi, and Dusty Baker are the only three manager candidates to interview with the Phillies, who are reported to be looking for an experienced manager.
                              I hope they pick Girardi in a hurry. Then the Cubs won't be tempted. I heard he had an 8 hour interview with them. Ross only got 4 hours.

Comment

• Joe Girardi named new manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X