No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingery is currently untradeable with that contract, I would assume.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Fantasy darling Nick Pivetta demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Fantasy darling Nick Pivetta demoted to AAA.
        New fantasy darling Jerad Eickhoff takes his rotation spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          New fantasy darling Jerad Eickhoff takes his rotation spot.
          When was Eickhoff a fantasy darling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            When was Eickhoff a fantasy darling?
            He's about to be!

Comment

• Kingery is on a major roll these days. If he continues to shine while Segura is out he might just increase his playing time, especially if Cesar continues to scuffle.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                Kingery is on a major roll these days. If he continues to shine while Segura is out he might just increase his playing time, especially if Cesar continues to scuffle.
                He has been hot, but Cesar has come around too, so I don't know what they do to fit everyone in. I'm sure they didn't think they'd have the problem of Franco and Kingery both hitting well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  He has been hot, but Cesar has come around too, so I don't know what they do to fit everyone in. I'm sure they didn't think they'd have the problem of Franco and Kingery both hitting well.
                  That is definitely NOT a "problem"! If it works this year according to plan, they will all play as Kingery has proven he is an excellent defender at a bunch of positions. Now that he is a year into his MLB career, he is so much more comfortable and confident. The bench will be stronger with a regular available every night, so that's a winning scenario, too. Franco, too, has good 1B skills.
                  Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Kingery is on a major roll these days. If he continues to shine while Segura is out he might just increase his playing time, especially if Cesar continues to scuffle.
                    He rolled right to the IL along with Segura. Phil Gosselin was on a roll tonight...
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Nick Pivetta has excelled at AAA since his demotion, with a 3.09 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 12.7 K/9 rate. His 4.5 BB/9 is high though, but overall he's done very well. When the Cole Irvin experiment ends, does Pivetta get recalled from his exile? Does he stand any chance of reclaiming a rotation spot?

Comment

• Pivetta will be back at some point but I dont think now is the time to speculate on Irvin's demise. I know his pedigree isnt much but he has been fairly impressive in his first two starts.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Pivetta will be back at some point but I dont think now is the time to speculate on Irvin's demise. I know his pedigree isnt much but he has been fairly impressive in his first two starts.
                          He has been. But with Eickhoff's solid return to date, Irvin's is the only rotation slot in play. And that spot also largely depends on Velazquez's eventual return.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            He has been. But with Eickhoff's solid return to date, Irvin's is the only rotation slot in play. And that spot also largely depends on Velazquez's eventual return.
                            The problem, if it is one, is that neither Eickhof nor Irvin own a "put-away" pitch. Both need to be "on" in order to pitch well. Pivetta and Velasquez are SP's who DO have such a pitch, so if they gain any kind of control, they will be out there and Eickhof and Irvin elsewhere. Competition is nice!
                            Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
                              The problem, if it is one, is that neither Eickhof nor Irvin own a "put-away" pitch. Both need to be "on" in order to pitch well. Pivetta and Velasquez are SP's who DO have such a pitch, so if they gain any kind of control, they will be out there and Eickhof and Irvin elsewhere. Competition is nice!
                              That’s good insider info, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
                                And as if on cue, Irvin gets bombed with 10 H+BB and 7 ER in just 4 1/3 IP. One more bombing and he’s back to AAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X