No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Harper made his first career start at first base on Friday. And he is expected to see regular time there moving forward.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Bryce Harper made his first career start at first base on Friday. And he is expected to see regular time there moving forward.
      And made some pretty nice plays there.

Comment

Bryce Harper made his first career start at first base on Friday. And he is expected to see regular time there moving forward.
        Bryce Harper will get Yahoo eligibility with his 5th start at first base tonight.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And your sole MLB leader in wins is ... Taijuan Walker! Got his 12th tonite. Kinda looking like noone gets to 20 W this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            And your sole MLB leader in wins is ... Taijuan Walker! Got his 12th tonite. Kinda looking like noone gets to 20 W this year.
            And Walker still leads MLB in wins by winning his 13th today, altho he shares the lead now w Justin Steele who also won his 13th today.

Comment

• This is an unusual and kind of a heart-warming story involving Trea Turner. In the 1st year of an 11-yr $300 mil contract w the Phils, Turner was having a very mediocre year and was regularly getting booed at home. Thru Aug 3, his stats were 10 HR, 34 RBI, 60 R, 21/0 SB/CS, 32/115 BB/K and had a slash line of .235/.290/.368. In early Aug, he had a game where he went 0-5 and committed a key error that helped the Phillies lose a game to Miami and followed it w a 0-3 game the next day. Before the Phils started a homestand on Aug 4, some guy decided to campaign for standing ovations for Turner. So instead of getting booed for his subpar performance, Philly fans started giving Turner a standing O each time he batted. This had an almost immediate effect on his performance, as he hit a GS in the 2nd game of the homestand to power a come from behind win. Since Aug 4, his stats are 16 HR, 41 RBI, 36 R, 6/0 SB/CS (he's perfect in 27 SB attempts this year, deserving of a separate post), 9/31 BB/K and has a slash line of .372/.411/.763. His season OPS has jumped 134 points in about 1.5 months late in the season, which is pretty hard to do. I've never seen fan support have such an apparent effect on a ballplayer before. It's enough to restore your faith in the humanity of Phillies fans! .

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                This is an unusual and kind of a heart-warming story involving Trea Turner. In the 1st year of an 11-yr $300 mil contract w the Phils, Turner was having a very mediocre year and was regularly getting booed at home. Thru Aug 3, his stats were 10 HR, 34 RBI, 60 R, 21/0 SB/CS, 32/115 BB/K and had a slash line of .235/.290/.368. In early Aug, he had a game where he went 0-5 and committed a key error that helped the Phillies lose a game to Miami and followed it w a 0-3 game the next day. Before the Phils started a homestand on Aug 4, some guy decided to campaign for standing ovations for Turner. So instead of getting booed for his subpar performance, Philly fans started giving Turner a standing O each time he batted. This had an almost immediate effect on his performance, as he hit a GS in the 2nd game of the homestand to power a come from behind win. Since Aug 4, his stats are 16 HR, 41 RBI, 36 R, 6/0 SB/CS (he's perfect in 27 SB attempts this year, deserving of a separate post), 9/31 BB/K and has a slash line of .372/.411/.763. His season OPS has jumped 134 points in about 1.5 months late in the season, which is pretty hard to do. I've never seen fan support have such an apparent effect on a ballplayer before. It's enough to restore your faith in the humanity of Phillies fans! .
                I don't know are you sure they weren't doing it ironically and got lucky? Kind of hard to imagine Philly fans being positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

I don't know are you sure they weren't doing it ironically and got lucky? Kind of hard to imagine Philly fans being positive.
                  Yeah, sounds like they were trolling him. Like when a coworker trips or drops something on the floor and breaks it and everyone says "nice job" or "keep up the good work".

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Phillies are calling up RHP Orion Kerkering. Primarily a reliever in the minors, he is expected to pitch out of the Phillies bullpen.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Trea paid for some billboards around town thanking fans

Phillies' Trea Turner posts 'thank you' message to fans on billboards (fox29.com)
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Kid who ended up with Bryce's helmet is interviewed.

The lucky young fan who got Bryce Harper's helmet talks with the Phillies' broadcast team about his experience and strategy
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Phillies president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said Wednesday that Bryce Harper will play exclusively at first base moving forward.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Phillies president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said Wednesday that Bryce Harper will play exclusively at first base moving forward.
                            For who?

Comment

Working...
                            X