No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morton with another tough luck no decision today, but over his last two starts, he has notched 20ks and no walks and has only given up two runs. He has 40ks over his last 4 games. The old man is back on top!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Morton with another tough luck no decision today, but over his last two starts, he has notched 20ks and no walks and has only given up two runs. He has 40ks over his last 4 games. The old man is back on top!
      Ha, I had Morton going against Rodon. I get 21 K's and no wins...I need wins.

At least Charlie finally got his era under 5.00.

I have a year left on his 25 dollar contract. I do not think I have it in me to keep him even if he is lights out for the rest of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Ha, I have Morton going against Rodon. I get 21 K's and no wins...I need wins.

At least Charlie finally got his era under 5.00.

I have a year left on his 25 dollar contract. I do not think I have it in me to keep him even if he is lights out for the rest of the year.
        I just traded for Morton. Very happy after last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          I just traded for Morton. Very happy after last night.
          Congrats. If history repeats you should have good numbers moving forward.

What is his salary and will/would you keep him next year fully realizing that his era will be 5.00 in mid June?

Comment

• Morton's career splits do not suggest he is a slow starter. In fact, his worst month, historically, is July, but I am hoping that is not true this year. His career monthly splits are pretty even, though.

That said, I will not be keeping him. Given his age and the overall stat line, I think he would go for about what you have him at, no more, even with a strong finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Morton's career splits do not suggest he is a slow starter. In fact, his worst month, historically, is July, but I am hoping that is not true this year. His career monthly splits are pretty even, though.

That said, I will not be keeping him. Given his age and the overall stat line, I think he would go for about what you have him at, no more, even with a strong finish.
              Hasn't Morten said for the last several years that he's retiring? I'd never consider keeping a guy like Morton unless I was really desperate. He's a strong bet for retirement soon, he isn't a reliable stat producer, and he's certainly not going to "improve". A keeper is a player that you bought at a low price because the market was down on a player or had not yet caught up, and that player improved giving you added value relative to the original contract. That's not Charlie Morton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Hasn't Morten said for the last several years that he's retiring? I'd never consider keeping a guy like Morton unless I was really desperate. He's a strong bet for retirement soon, he isn't a reliable stat producer, and he's certainly not going to "improve". A keeper is a player that you bought at a low price because the market was down on a player or had not yet caught up, and that player improved giving you added value relative to the original contract. That's not Charlie Morton.
                I traded him in the offseason for this reason and ended up getting him back for Brady House after his slow start. At his price in my league, no way do I keep him, but I could see him being worth his salary in some leagues. But he could retire. He has talked about it for years. All I care about right now is his ROS stats, which I think/hope will be good. The stuff has been there, even when he was giving up too many long balls for much of the season. Here's to hoping he has that behind him now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Congrats. If history repeats you should have good numbers moving forward.

What is his salary and will/would you keep him next year fully realizing that his era will be 5.00 in mid June?
                  He is not a keeper. His salary is $17 and will increase $5 next year. With Buehler out I had to make a move.

Comment

• Braves placed RHP Kenley Jansen on the 15-day injured list, retroactive to June 27, with an irregular heartbeat.

Not the 1st time for Jansen. I hope it is nothing serious.

Comment

• Braves PA announcer Casey Motter died in his sleep at age 53. RIP.

Comment

• Matt Olson is on pace for 63 doubles, which would be the 4th most in a season ever and would make him the first player with 60+ in a season since 1936.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Matt Olson is on pace for 63 doubles, which would be the 4th most in a season ever and would make him the first player with 60+ in a season since 1936.
                          Hitting 60 doubles is a lot more difficult to achieve during the small park era. A lot of those doubles hit during the 1930's and 1940's were probably 400+ footers that stayed in the park.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Robinson Cano joins his third team of the season as the Braves get him from the Padres (who got him from the Mets) for a big ole bag of cash.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Atlanta is trading Drew Waters and 2 other prospects to KC for the 35th overall pick in the draft.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X