2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Adam Duval is quietly being one of the best run producers in MLB. Hit another HR today (#31) and, w games today still pending, currently leads the NL in RBI w 94! Only hitting .227 but his lifetime BA is .232 so that's who he is. Coming into today, even w the low BA, he had 2.9 WAR. He's being paid $5 mil this year, which is somewhere around league avg. Not bad value for a 33 y/o veteran!
    He’s been an animal in RISP situations. The numbers are outrageous.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Morton signed to a 1-year extension. So much for retirement!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Morton signed to a 1-year extension. So much for retirement!
        Morton is the Brett Favre of baseball.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Morton is the Brett Favre of baseball.
          Well, if he has his best year at age 40...
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Here's another guy whose season may be under the radar, at least under mine. Austin Riley got his 99th and 100th RBI tonite. 32 HR, 100 RBI, 87 R, .304/.370/.531, 5.4 WAR. That's an all-star caliber season. He was not on the AS team this year however. Had career .232 BA and .735 OPS coming into this year.

Braves win again tonite and remain 1.5 games ahead of Philly. They have 3 games against them early next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Here's another guy whose season may be under the radar, at least under mine. Austin Riley got his 99th and 100th RBI tonite. 32 HR, 100 RBI, 87 R, .304/.370/.531, 5.4 WAR. That's an all-star caliber season. He was not on the AS team this year however. Had career .232 BA and .735 OPS coming into this year.

Braves win again tonite and remain 1.5 games ahead of Philly. They have 3 games against them early next week.
              Has he arrived? I traded Gallo for him at the deadline to protect my average. He heated up this week which is our finals. Considering him as a keeper.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Marcell Ozuna suspended first 20 games of the season for domestic violence incident from last year.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Marcell Ozuna suspended first 20 games of the season for domestic violence incident from last year.
                  I read that to mean he'll lose 20 games of pay for LAST year (he won't be suspended in 2022).

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                    I read that to mean he'll lose 20 games of pay for LAST year (he won't be suspended in 2022).
                    I think you're right - my bad. Uh, congratulations Braves, I guess?
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Braves sign Kirby Yates to a 2-yr deal

Comment

• MLB rumors: 'Growing belief' Freddie Freeman will not re-sign with Braves after lockout

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          MLB rumors: 'Growing belief' Freddie Freeman will not re-sign with Braves after lockout
                          Huge loss for the Braves line up and huge gain for whoever lands him.

Comment

• The Huoscar Ynoa disaster continues as the Braves demote him to AAA after getting annihilated by the Dodgers last night. Touki called up. Ynoa's career seemed to hit the wall as hard as his fist did last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              The Huoscar Ynoa disaster continues as the Braves demote him to AAA after getting annihilated by the Dodgers last night. Touki called up. Ynoa's career seemed to hit the wall as hard as his fist did last season.
                              I was so pleased when I put him back in the auction (from getting him in the $10 round of reserves last year) and got him for $5. I thought he would be on my roster for the next 3 years. That sure did not last very long.

I am still going to sit on him for awhile and see if they can fix him.

Comment

• I think I managed to get through draft season with zero shares.

I have my own thoughts on why this should have been predictable but I'm curious what everyone else sees. To me Ynoa himself is not as interesting to analyze as the pattern. What did you guys see?

Comment

Working...
                                X