2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Acuna getting his left wrist checked out in New York. Should be a non-issue unless he's sent to Mets docs, at which point amputation will be likely.
    that joke is so 2010-18. now the keyword is "Yankees"
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Christian Pache gets the call.
      And with the rain out and Acuna due back tomorrow, he might not actually play at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        that joke is so 2010-18. now the keyword is "Yankees"
        Missed this earlier. However, I believe the keyword is "Thor".
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• too early for a shhh, but Ian Anderson has no-hit the Yankees through five in his first major league appearance. Though, holy shit that's a terrible lineup the Yankees have out there today.

edit: and then he promptly gave up a jack to Voit, the only guy who's hitting in that lineup.
          Last edited by mjl; 08-26-2020, 04:59 PM.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Braves place SP Max Fried on the 10-day IL, retroactive to September 6, with a left-side muscle spasm in his lumbar spine.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Braves place SP Max Fried on the 10-day IL, retroactive to September 6, with a left-side muscle spasm in his lumbar spine.
              That figures...he has been the ace of my pitching staff.
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• The Falcons beat the Dolphins tonight 29-9.

Adam Duvall tonight, had 3 homers (9 RBI) for the second time in 8 days!

Duvall became just the fifth player ever with three homers, nine RBI and five runs scored in a game, joining Jim Tabor (1939), Walker Cooper (1949), Gil Hodges (1950) and Anthony Rendon (2017).

The 29 runs scored in a game is a National League record.

Bryce Wilson protected a 22-8 lead and got the 4 inning save. So, bounce that one around for awhile.
                Last edited by madducks; 09-09-2020, 11:17 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• my Duvall and Albies - batting 7th/8th - combined for 6 for 10, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 8 R, 1 SB. that works

Duvall has 9 HR in his last 10 G - including a pair of "threesomes"

Albies - my first hitting pick of my April draft - returned today after a 5-week layoff after hitting .150 in early action

Duvall - my last hitter - is on a stomping that even Godzilla would admire
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I decided to pick up Rowdy Tellez instead of Adam Duvall at the beginning of this week.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Marlins have a -20 run differential on the season--all from this one game.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Tommy Milone becomes the 1st pitcher in MLB history to have a team score 10+ runs in an inning in two separate games that he started, and not get a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Tommy Milone becomes the 1st pitcher in MLB history to have a team score 10+ runs in an inning in two separate games that he started, and not get a win.
                          That almost seems impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            That almost seems impossible.
                            That's why it took a pitcher like Milone to make it happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              That's why it took a pitcher like Milone to make it happen!
                              Dude, manicure your PM Garden...........
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Dude, manicure your PM Garden...........
                                Garden has been weed-whacked.

Comment

Working...
                                X