2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    I think everyone other than the Braves knows that Melancon sucks.

I imagine Melancon has a pretty short rope and people are counting on him blowing up early in the year.
    Probably just trying to build his trade value since he is gone after the year and Smith is signed for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      Probably just trying to build his trade value since he is gone after the year and Smith is signed for a few years.
      That makes no sense to me.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see Melancon finish the year as the closer even though he's not the most skilled RP on the team. Personally, I'm not investing much in either but I wouldn't hesitate rostering Melancon for the right price (NL-only where saves are valuable).

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
        That makes no sense to me.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see Melancon finish the year as the closer even though he's not the most skilled RP on the team. Personally, I'm not investing much in either but I wouldn't hesitate rostering Melancon for the right price (NL-only where saves are valuable).
        They also have Greene and Luke Jackson with closer experience. Not to mention AJ Minter. But, yeah, Smith might get it, but as a lefty, Greene could take over, too. My plan is to avoid all of them.

Comment

• Four Braves players have tested positive for COVID-19--Freeman, Will Smith, Pete Kozma, and Touki Toussaint.

Obviously, the most important is Freeman. Losing him for any "regular season" length of time would be crippling blow to the team's chances this year. Smith, who just signed with the Braves this off-season for three years, could also be a significant loss.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Four Braves players have tested positive for COVID-19--Freeman, Will Smith, Pete Kozma, and Touki Toussaint.

Obviously, the most important is Freeman. Losing him for any "regular season" length of time would be crippling blow to the team's chances this year. Smith, who just signed with the Braves this off-season for three years, could also be a significant loss.
            And they could have infected the whole team for all we know---Freeman was negative before he reported to camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              And they could have infected the whole team for all we know---Freeman was negative before he reported to camp.
              I have it on good authority from another RJ poster that all the players are young and healthy and won't be affected by covid
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I wonder how many players will actually take the MLB protocols seriously and how many will behave like 50% of the general population with an "i don't need to take precautions because i am strong and i can fight it off" mentality. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  I wonder how many players will actually take the MLB protocols seriously and how many will behave like 50% of the general population with an "i don't need to take precautions because i am strong and i can fight it off" mentality. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.
                  When you're under age 35 or so and you're the typical testosterone-fueled all-American male, you assume you're invulnerable to everything and anything, not just some virus. I remember it well.

BTW, my offhand observation is that about 65-70% of the general population where I live is going without masks. I hate wearing one but I'm doing it.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    BTW, my offhand observation is that about 65-70% of the general population where I live is going without masks. I hate wearing one but I'm doing it.
                    Yeah i was being conservative with that 50% estimate. I wear my mask also. It's only a minor inconvenience. I would rather be wrong about wearing one than to be wrong about not wearing one.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• King Felix opts out

Comment

• Nick Markakis opts out.

-- William James

Comment

• Cole Hamels skipped a side session on Saturday due to triceps tendinitis. He has yet to face live hitters and may not be ready for opening day.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cole Hamels may not be ready ever again. Christian Pache injured (looked like a leg issue) stealing second tonight in the intrasquad game on TV.

Comment

• Freeman reportedly feeling "much better" so there's that
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Cole Hamels may not be ready ever again. Christian Pache injured (looked like a leg issue) stealing second tonight in the intrasquad game on TV.
                                Pache's injury appears to be an ankle injury, but not as bad as they feared. From the replay I saw, it looked pretty ugly.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X