2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    For those who read my NL starting pitching review....all I'll say is the Braves are avoiding the clap.
    My commish lives in ATL area and watches more baseball than should be humanly possible. He traded for Folty right before the season. I thought he was nuts then, but he insisted Folty would be good. I guess he got too clever for his own good.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Foltynewicz surprisingly DFA’d
      Wow. Maybe a procedural move to get him off the 30-man roster? All I can think is that he refused an IL assignment. He's clearly broken; he averaged 89.3 on the fastball tonight. He can't survive at that speed or anything close--his fastball command isn't good enough.

Comment

• Or maybe it is cynical--he refused a IL stint, the Braves think he needs TJ, and he'll be a free agent before he is back. This makes no sense without more information.

Comment

• Markakis opts back in

Comment

• Test test test

Comment

• Test test again

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Foltynewicz surprisingly DFA’d
                Braves sent Foltynewicz to their alternate training site today after no other team claimed him from waivers.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Soroka just got hurt bad. Looks like a torn achilles.

Comment

• maybe

Soroka had to be helped off the field after apparently twisting his ankle (Achilles'?, calf?) in the 3rd inning, already down 3-0 and with 2 men on base. was trying to get to first base to help complete a double play.

sinkerball with an ump not calling the low strike = 4 walks in early going.

interesting that Soroka has a 1.73 road ERA in MLB but 4.03 (and climbing) at home.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      maybe

Soroka had to be helped off the field after apparently twisting his ankle (Achilles'?, calf?) in the 3rd inning, already down 3-0 and with 2 men on base. was trying to get to first base to help complete a double play.

sinkerball with an ump not calling the low strike = 4 walks in early going.

interesting that Soroka has a 1.73 road ERA in MLB but 4.03 (and climbing) at home.
                      He was clearly hurt, not sure what all your rambling is about
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• which part of that post confused you?

I described the play in which he got hurt.

I noted a reason why he struggled tonight.

and I mentioned a statistical oddity about his career so far.

is it impossible to post something anywhere on this site anymore without someone getting into someone's else's grill?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

which part of that post confused you?

is it impossible to post something anywhere on this site anymore without someone getting into someone's else's grill?
                          Noting a reason why he struggled tonight as well as a statistical oddity about his career seems a bit strange when discussing an apparently serious injury. But perhaps that is just me and others enjoyed your observations
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

which part of that post confused you?

The confusion was probably caused by the word "maybe" being left all alone in your previous post without clarity as to what it was in reference too. I assumed it was in reference to the "torn achilles" diagnosis. Others may have assumed it was in reference to the "Soroka just got hurt bad" comment.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "maybe" was in obvious response to "Soroka just got hurt bad. Looks like a torn achilles." those are the exact last words in the post ahead of mine, which is what made it so obvious.

my comment related to the very first speculation of a turned ankle by the Mets announcers, which of course might not be that serious. I then added a clarification that might be helpful to Soroka owners as to why he struggled tonight, and another that might be useful to new Soroka owners who - like me - were unaware of his unusual and severe home/road splits.

that used to be considered trying to offer info helpful to what used to be a community.

but this is the rotting corpse of RJ 2020, so any uncertainty about a post must lead to an insulting reply.

you guys must be fun at parties, I would say if it was 2019.

does anyone have any positivity left in them? it would not be a crime.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Just trying to be helpful and clear up any confusion. No insults here.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X