2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Cole Hamels may not be ready ever again. Christian Pache injured (looked like a leg issue) stealing second tonight in the intrasquad game on TV.
    TV? What network?

Comment

• Braves sign Puig

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Braves sign Puig
        Not the team I expected.

Comment

Braves sign Puig
          YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Says the Puig owner!
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
            TV? What network?
            Intrasquad game was on Fox Sports South last night. Next TV is the exhibition games against Miami on July 21-22.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Says the Puig owner!
              It is an interesting landing spot, but will he play ever day on that team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                It is an interesting landing spot, but will he play ever day on that team?
                Between OF and DH I'd think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Says the Puig owner!
                  much like the astros were just out to screw Mith… they did this just for you chance.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Could put a serious dent in Riley's AB's...suddenly, he's got competition for both OF and DH at bats. cavebird can tell us more where the competition stands, but I thought that he and Caramargo were pretty much splitting time at 3rd.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      much like the astros were just out to screw Mith… they did this just for you chance.
                      Man, if I knew anyone in the Braves organization, I'd send flowers. Or beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Could put a serious dent in Riley's AB's...suddenly, he's got competition for both OF and DH at bats. cavebird can tell us more where the competition stands, but I thought that he and Caramargo were pretty much splitting time at 3rd.
                        My guess is it will hurt his playing time, but he'll still play plenty if he hits. At the moment, it just puts him back where he was before Freddie got Covid---that opens up a spot he can play; and the Markakis opt-out opened up more. If and when Freddie returns, you'll have two spots (3B and OF/DH) for Inciarte (who will play CF if he plays; otherwise Acuna), Riley, Camargo, and Duvall. How that stacks up is unclear at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I don't see why not. He's better than the other options fairly easily, and his upside is easily better than any other playing time competitor except for Riley---and Riley's downside is far, far greater.

Comment

• Just a random thought on the Braves and the push to change names. Why don't the Braves try to reach out to a local nation (Cherokee) and try to make a partnership? They would have to show some cash, but could then get an authentic Cherokee warrior mascot (ala Florida State). They could retire the chop and replace it with something actually authentic. And add an exhibit about Cherokee culture and the traditions of their warriors (hopefully they were Braves; if not, my idea probably crashes and burns) to help educate the fan base. That seems like a win-win for everyone---helps the local Cherokee Nation, allows the Braves to keep their name and the brand recognition that it entails, and helps educate the fans on some history of an oppressed people.

As a share-holder, I should probably be able to find a way to send this up the food chain myself, but with 17 shares, I doubt anyone would listen. So, I post here for shameless reasons of hoping it can get passed along otherwise.

Comment

• Foltynewicz surprisingly DFA’d

Comment

Foltynewicz surprisingly DFA’d
                                For those who read my NL starting pitching review....all I'll say is the Braves are avoiding the clap.

Comment

Working...
                                X