X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn achilles, gone for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Just trying to be helpful and clear up any confusion. No insults here.
      no accusation of you, madducks
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Torn achilles, gone for the year.
        That was awful looking.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          That was awful looking.
          I am surprised by how many pitcher injuries there have been. I assumed these guys stay active and in shape even when not playing. This isn't an ideal example, but achilles tears are flukish, but it does seem like a lot of these guys were not fully in prime condition coming in after a very short training period. Everyone was talking about COVID risks with this short season, but there seems to be an increased injury risk to playing this year too

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I am surprised by how many pitcher injuries there have been. I assumed these guys stay active and in shape even when not playing. This isn't an ideal example, but achilles tears are flukish, but it does seem like a lot of these guys were not fully in prime condition coming in after a very short training period. Everyone was talking about COVID risks with this short season, but there seems to be an increased injury risk to playing this year too
            It seems like there have been a lot of season ending injuries for pitchers so far. And we're not even two weeks into the season.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Braves expected rotation in spring (not summer) training: 1. Soroka (out for season); 2. Fried; 3. Hamels (looks like he's done); 4. Foltynewicz (DFA'd); 5. Felix Hernandez (opted out).

They ought to send Fried out there tonight in bubble wrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                "maybe" was in obvious response to "Soroka just got hurt bad. Looks like a torn achilles." those are the exact last words in the post ahead of mine, which is what made it so obvious.

my comment related to the very first speculation of a turned ankle by the Mets announcers, which of course might not be that serious. I then added a clarification that might be helpful to Soroka owners as to why he struggled tonight, and another that might be useful to new Soroka owners who - like me - were unaware of his unusual and severe home/road splits.

that used to be considered trying to offer info helpful to what used to be a community.

but this is the rotting corpse of RJ 2020, so any uncertainty about a post must lead to an insulting reply.

you guys must be fun at parties, I would say if it was 2019.

does anyone have any positivity left in them? it would not be a crime.
                RJ is damaged. It is worth staying the course for some of the good things that are still here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  "maybe" was in obvious response to "Soroka just got hurt bad. Looks like a torn achilles." those are the exact last words in the post ahead of mine, which is what made it so obvious.

my comment related to the very first speculation of a turned ankle by the Mets announcers, which of course might not be that serious. I then added a clarification that might be helpful to Soroka owners as to why he struggled tonight, and another that might be useful to new Soroka owners who - like me - were unaware of his unusual and severe home/road splits.

that used to be considered trying to offer info helpful to what used to be a community.

but this is the rotting corpse of RJ 2020, so any uncertainty about a post must lead to an insulting reply.

you guys must be fun at parties, I would say if it was 2019.

does anyone have any positivity left in them? it would not be a crime.
                  I apologize for labeling your post as "rambling". Did not mean to cause a huge controversy or hurt anyones feelings. And you are right, I am fun at parties.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Braves expected rotation in spring (not summer) training: 1. Soroka (out for season); 2. Fried; 3. Hamels (looks like he's done); 4. Foltynewicz (DFA'd); 5. Felix Hernandez (opted out).

They ought to send Fried out there tonight in bubble wrap.
                    How'd Touki look? The numbers were sweet, but didn't get a chance to see the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      How'd Touki look? The numbers were sweet, but didn't get a chance to see the game.
                      He looked better than his horrible first outing, but the control isn't where I'd like to see it. The stuff is great. If you saw Wright's start on Sunday, it was similar.

Comment

• At the point, the Braves should pull the plug on the disastrous Newcomb as a starter experiment--they need a deep pen and he's good there---and just say screw it and roll with the kids: Fried, Wright, Toissant, Bryce Wilson, and Ian Anderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          At the point, the Braves should pull the plug on the disastrous Newcomb as a starter experiment--they need a deep pen and he's good there---and just say screw it and roll with the kids: Fried, Wright, Toissant, Bryce Wilson, and Ian Anderson.
                          My family Braves fan agrees with you. With this length of season, managing innings should be a non-issue; all they'll need to do is manage pitch counts.

He does think they're going to make a play on a veteran pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Speaking of which, ESPN is just noting the same thing during their broadcast

IMG_6651.jpg

(So, image uploads are clearly not the same as on the old RJ/other message boards. The compression and display is not what I intended. LOL)
                            Attached Files
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Acuna getting his left wrist checked out in New York. Should be a non-issue unless he's sent to Mets docs, at which point amputation will be likely.

Comment

• Christian Pache gets the call.

Comment

Working...
                                X