2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I think he turns it around to a degree. He has been very unlucky to this point.
    As a Morton owner I can safely say me too.

Comment

• Not sure which is worse...Ynoa or Luzardo. Someone has some anger management issues.

Comment

• I see the Falcons are shutting out the Steelers tonight, and have two TDs and two FGs.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I see the Falcons are shutting out the Steelers tonight, and have two TDs and two FGs.
          Should have gone for 2.....
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ozuna out 6+ weeks with 2 dislocated fingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Mike Soroka has continued soreness and needs exploratory surgery on his heel, so he's out until July now, and it's looking like a lost season for him.
              And now he's been officially shut down for the year.

Comment

• Buh bye Ozuna

Marcell Ozuna was arrested today in Sandy Springs, Georgia on charges of aggravated assault strangulation and misdemeanor battery – family violence

Last edited by fuhrdog; 05-29-2021, 09:30 PM. Reason: added link to Braves statement

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  Buh bye Ozuna

Marcell Ozuna was arrested today in Sandy Springs, Georgia on charges of aggravated assault strangulation and misdemeanor battery – family violence

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/13...215808007?s=20
                  He's probably looking at a lengthy suspension. Aroldis Chapman was suspended 30 games for domestic violence in 2016.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    He's probably looking at a lengthy suspension. Aroldis Chapman was suspended 30 games for domestic violence in 2016.
                    The strangulation charge should be a felony. Unless whoever it was in the family he did it to is silenced by fear or paid off or feels he is better serving the family earning than in jail, he may be looking at serious prison time. Rich people tend to often find their way out of the worst charges and sentences, though, whether they deserve them or not. Either way, I'd be shocked in Ozuna plays baseball again this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      The strangulation charge should be a felony. Unless whoever it was in the family he did it to is silenced by fear or paid off or feels he is better serving the family earning than in jail, he may be looking at serious prison time. Rich people tend to often find their way out of the worst charges and sentences, though, whether they deserve them or not. Either way, I'd be shocked in Ozuna plays baseball again this year.
                      This.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Officers witnessed him grab his wife by the throat, throw her against a wall and hit her with a cast on his arm. He's mega screwed.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Officers witnessed him grab his wife by the throat, throw her against a wall and hit her with a cast on his arm. He's mega screwed.
                          Roberto Osuna was suspended for 75 games for domestic violence in 2018. So, Marcell Ozuna could be done for the year. Sadly, these domestic abusers never seem to get any jail time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Roberto Osuna was suspended for 75 games for domestic violence in 2018. So, Marcell Ozuna could be done for the year. Sadly, these domestic abusers never seem to get any jail time.
                            Well, if the report is true that LEOs actually saw this dumbass commit this assault, I don't see how he gets out of this one. That may be the only way he could guarantee himself jail time, and he did it. I can only guess he was mad at himself for the slide that broke his fingers, maybe she said something that triggered him....whatever it was, putting aside that assaulting one's wife is grade A wrong, whatever it was that set him off must have made his rage blind him to the utter stupidity of committing the crime right in front of LEOs. I'd be surprised if this is the first time he snapped, but it may be the last. Unless his wife is waiting for him once he is out of prison, which wouldn't surprise me, sadly.

ETA: I assume/hope the Braves are successful in converting his contract to non-guaranteed, and it would be a real bad look in the union chooses this case to pick a fight on. Then again, I assume they don't have to pay it if he is banned from baseball or in jail. He faces a minimum of 3 years for the strangulation and battery, unless his lawyer can weasel out of the strangulation part.

Comment

• Ozuna's strangulation and assault with his cast of his wife comes nearly one year to the date after his wife was arrest for domestic battery. What a pair. I hope they don't have kids that have had to witness this cycle of abuse....I think the merry-go-round ends here, though, with Ozuna escalating the escapades right in front of LEOs like the grade A moron he is.

I was trying hard to get him earlier in the year but got outbid. I'm sure glad I didn't land him. I didn't know he had this in him, but I guess we never do until the news breaks.

Comment

• Possibly done in baseball?

Comment

Working...
                                X