No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Peraza make the opening day roster? I wouldn't think he'd be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      they are so so bad at hitting - it is stupefying

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/depth/_/...atlanta-braves
      The Cubs AAA team will probably have better hitters than the Braves Major League team.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        Does Peraza make the opening day roster? I wouldn't think he'd be ready.
        Well, in his favor is the fact that he isn't really the kind of guy you desperately want that extra year of service time from. But I do think he could legitimately use more time in the minors.

Comment

Arodys Vizcaino suspended 80 games for PEDs.

Comment

Where is Trevor Cahill in this rotation?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
              not on anybody's fantasy team that wants to win.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                He's gotta be ahead of Stults and Wandy right? I have always been a Cahill fan. I think getting out of a tough park in AZ, and getting to have Simmons and Bethancourt helping him in the field, makes him a pretty interesting guy.

Comment

not sure why you would be a cahill fan, JC? he's had one good year - 2010. outside of that he's been 4.3 ERA, 1.4 WHIP guy with lots of innings and not a lot of K. something to avoid, IMHO.
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                    not sure why you would be a cahill fan, JC? he's had one good year - 2010. outside of that he's been 4.3 ERA, 1.4 WHIP guy with lots of innings and not a lot of K. something to avoid, IMHO.
                    The D-Backs aren't exactly a bastion of great pitcher development. The Braves have Andrelton Simmons and Cahill throws lots of grounders. Cahill had a 3.89 FIP and 3.83 xFIP last year with 8.5 K9 and a good 48.5% GB rate. He had the best swinging strike rate of his career last year. Yes he walks way too many guys to be elite but I think there is a chance for a usable NL-only starter here.

Comment

Braves also named Stults the 5th starter and released Wandy Rodriguez. Is Stults an NL only consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        The D-Backs aren't exactly a bastion of great pitcher development. The Braves have Andrelton Simmons and Cahill throws lots of grounders. Cahill had a 3.89 FIP and 3.83 xFIP last year with 8.5 K9 and a good 48.5% GB rate. He had the best swinging strike rate of his career last year. Yes he walks way too many guys to be elite but I think there is a chance for a usable NL-only starter here.
                        true that, but he wasn't that good with the a's either (2010 aside), so i'm not sure you can write it all off as bad coaching and a bad pitcher's park. i dunno, he's still young (27), and a change of environment may elicit something good, but it's certainly not something i'm pouncing on.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Okay, the D'Backs aren't great with pitchers, but Oakland is quite good at it and they let him go. You make a good argument for Cahill as a $1 flier, which is quite a bit higher than I had him ranked before.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            Okay, the D'Backs aren't great with pitchers, but Oakland is quite good at it and they let him go. You make a good argument for Cahill as a $1 flier, which is quite a bit higher than I had him ranked before.

Comment

Yeah, AS could hit .100 for the next 5 years and still be worth putting in the line up every day.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Andrelton Simmons is absolutely amazing.

Last year, he made one of the defensive plays of the year against d'Arnaud. So immediately after the TV shows him making that amazing play he ---- essentially makes the exact same play against d'Arnaud again. Unreal.

https://streamable.com/gcl5
                                D'Arnaud just really needs to stop hitting the ball to that location.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X