Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K22: Washington Nationals

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Nationals sign Jamey Carroll to a minor league deal.

No, I do not know why. He used to be a versatile and decent defender who hit for a decent average and had some speed. The average and speed are gone now.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

They had to replace ol' what's his name who they traded away. Lombardozzi right?

Detwiler to start the season in the bullpen according to Matt Williams today - so who has the edge between Roark and Jordan?

Weapon1
    The fact that he hasn't ruled out Chris Young is concerning. Both Roark and Jordan could head to Syracuse to regular work maybe?

Ian Desmond with NINE errors already?!?

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Ian Desmond with NINE errors already?!?
    Apparently the yips are contagious over there on the left side of the infield.

After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Triple-A
    Anyone know what's going on with Ian Desmond? He's been atrocious all year with little sign of turning things around at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Anyone know what's going on with Ian Desmond? He's been atrocious all year with little sign of turning things around at any point.
    I think he must be dinged up. K rate is up 5 points from last year, GB% is up TEN points from last year, BABIP is down (but honestly, not atrocious... it's .276), and his line drive rate is 10.8% which has to be one of the worst in baseball. HR/FB isn't really down that much either. I'm worried the ground balls and the lack of line drives mean he is playing through something.