No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager Dave Martinez and the Washington Nationals have agreed to a multiyear contract extension.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Nationals have fired pitching coach Paul Menhart. The Nationals had a 5.09 ERA (26th in MLB) and 1.52 WHIP (29th in MLB) as a staff in 2020.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The Nationals have fired pitching coach Paul Menhart. The Nationals had a 5.09 ERA (26th in MLB) and 1.52 WHIP (29th in MLB) as a staff in 2020.
        And according to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand, Kevin Long is unlikely to return as Nationals hitting coach next year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Nationals have hired Jim Hickey as their new pitching coach.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nationals re-sign INF/OF Josh Harrison for 1 year/$1 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Howie Kendrick announced on his personal Instagram page Monday that he is retiring from baseball at age 37.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Howie Kendrick announced on his personal Instagram page Monday that he is retiring from baseball at age 37.
                He was one of my all time favs from his time in Anaheim. Also loved his grand slam in the 10th inning of the NLCS in 2019 to knockout the Dodgers.

Comment

• Scherzer with a sprained ankle; not throwing yet. Delay unknown from what I read.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Nats released Jeremy Jeffress

Comment

• Carter Kieboom demoted to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Nats released Jeremy Jeffress
                        I think that’s the wrong word. Maybe they rolled him. Or smoked him. Or any of a million other drug references.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Carter Kieboom demoted to AAA
                          Yowzers. I guess they needed to make room for Jordy Mercer and Hernan Perez. No I'm not kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Yowzers. I guess they needed to make room for Jordy Mercer and Hernan Perez. No I'm not kidding.
                            Sure. But Kieboom has struggled mightily. Probably smart to let him develop / figure it out without the spotlight / pressure.

Comment

• Luis Garcia was sent down too, and they're going with Josh Harrison as their starting 2b. Feel the Natittude!

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Luis Garcia was sent down too, and they're going with Josh Harrison as their starting 2b. Feel the Natittude!
                                I am about to pick up Harrison in my reserve round if I get by the one team in front of me. I am shocked that he made it this far. We go 432 deep including prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X