2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I am about to pick up Harrison in my reserve round if I get by the one team in front of me. I am shocked that he made it this far. We go 432 deep including prospects.
    Mixed league? If so then 432 is early for Harrison so you shouldnt be shocked at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Mixed league? If so then 432 is early for Harrison so you shouldnt be shocked at all.
      AL only.

I didn't get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        AL only.

I didn't get him.
        he isnt eligible in AL only, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          he isnt eligible in AL only, so good.
          I was working two only drafts (NL and AL) plus trying to get work done before leaving for a call.

I apparetntly failed at all. Except for the call that was excellent.

Comment

• Someone tested positive today, five players going into protocol based on contact tracing. Haven't said who yet.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Monday's scheduled game between the Nationals and Braves has been postponed.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I am not saying that Lester, Schwarber, Harrison, and Avila are among the group.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Monday's scheduled game between the Nationals and Braves has been postponed.
                  Damn, already? Half my team hasn’t played yet (Covid Nats, opposing schedule casualties, and injuries). Brutal.

Comment

• Nats now claiming they WILL play on Tuesday.

no kidding
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      Damn, already? Half my team hasn’t played yet (Covid Nats, opposing schedule casualties, and injuries). Brutal.
                      I feel your pain. Nats are killing me. No stats from them or the mets. Today I do not get Acuna. WEAR A MASK ALREADY!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Nats now claiming they WILL play on Tuesday.

no kidding
                        Now they've got a double header scheduled tomorrow. Sans Schwarber and Harrison and Avila and maybe some others.

Comment

• I'm rolling the dice on Corbin for game 3, first that he gets the start and second that he doesn't get clobbered.

I'm worried about rust for him and the team. Hopefully they get their sea legs on Wednesday, but they might also might be on an adrenaline high that day and then crash on Thursday. I wish I could talk myself out of starting him but I know I'm in a battle all year for K's and W's and can't get too picky.

Comment

• Star shortstop Trea Turner, first baseman Josh Bell and catcher Yan Gomes were not among the players present at Monday's workout, according to multiple reports.
                            The Nationals and Braves will make up their game that was postponed Monday because of Washington's coronavirus outbreak as part of a doubleheader Wednesday.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• The Nats announced that starting pitchers Patrick Corbin and Jon Lester, catchers Yan Gomes and Alex Avila, first baseman Josh Bell, infielders Josh Harrison and Jordy Mercer, left fielder Kyle Schwarber and reliever Brad Hand have all been placed on the injured list, though none with a specified injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                The Nats announced that starting pitchers Patrick Corbin and Jon Lester, catchers Yan Gomes and Alex Avila, first baseman Josh Bell, infielders Josh Harrison and Jordy Mercer, left fielder Kyle Schwarber and reliever Brad Hand have all been placed on the injured list, though none with a specified injury.
                                So my $1 Zimmermann gets a start...yay.

Comment

Working...
                                X