Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I hope he goes Golden sombrero
    That would be unlucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      That would be unlucky.
      Or lucky.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        I hope he goes Golden sombrero
        Kieboom!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Kieboom!!
          Kieboom #2.

If he gets one in his next game, he should get his own thread.

Comment

• So Turner is leading off again tonight.

Why does Washington usually prefer to lead off with Eaton?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
              So Turner is leading off again tonight.

Why does Washington usually prefer to lead off with Eaton?
              The only reason Eaton was leading off was because Turner was on the DL.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                The only reason Eaton was leading off was because Turner was on the DL.
                That's not correct. Eaton often/usually led off last year and this year. At least that is my memory. I don't know of an easy way to verify that.

Edit: https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-w...ton-nationals/ confirms what I thought (that Eaton is the primary lead off hitter).

Comment

• My mistake. Surprisingly, Eaton has hit lead off more than Turner. I would have thought that the guy with more speed (Turner) would bat lead off. But i guess the veteran hitter with the higher OBP has been the preferred choice so far. Tonight the Nats have Turner-1 and Eaton-2. So, i guess it could go either way moving forward.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dozier up to .211 now...5 hits in his last 2 games, including his 6th homer. Perhaps rumors of his death might have been premature?
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Can the Nationals really not do better than Hell-boy? He is gross.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• This clip of Max Scherzer refusing to leave the ballgame with 2 out in the 8th, at 117 pitches facing Joey Votto is awesome. Had to share.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          This clip of Max Scherzer refusing to leave the ballgame with 2 out in the 8th, at 117 pitches facing Joey Votto is awesome. Had to share.

Reminiscent of Mussina.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• It's OK, but it's nothing close to Jack Morris in Game 7 of the '91 World Series...

Neither team posed much of a threat in the ninth, although Minnesota had two on with no outs before Atlanta turned a double play. After nine full innings, Kelly told Morris he was going to take him out, but after a dugout conference the decision was made to leave the 18-game winner on the mound.

“I want to know one thing: Who was going to take (Morris) out of this game? Who would have had the courage to say ‘Jack, you’re done’,” Twins outfielder Randy Bush asked Sports Illustrated. “I don’t think anyone would have done it. If it was (Tom Kelly), Jack would have punched him, kicked him – he might have killed him.”

Morris retired the Braves in order in the top of 10th and in the bottom of the inning Atlanta hurler Alejandro Pena allowed a leadoff double to Gladden. Knoblauch bunted Gladden to third and the Braves chose to walk Puckett and Hrbek intentionally to load the bases with one out.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• bit surprised Max Scherzer's bunting prowess hasn't been posted ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                bit surprised Max Scherzer's bunting prowess hasn't been posted ...
                                Reminds me of when A.J. Burnett did the same thing a few years back in spring training and fractured his orbital bone.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X