No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh, Turner leaves after getting hit on his finger during a bunt attempt.

Comment

• Brian Dozier -- is he part of The Walking Dead? He has an OPS+ of just 10 YTD, and with Kendrick back and en fuego, he's losing playing time again. Since Minny moved him last season, he's hit just .173. Has he gone over the falls?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Brian Dozier -- is he part of The Walking Dead? He has an OPS+ of just 10 YTD, and with Kendrick back and en fuego, he's losing playing time again. Since Minny moved him last season, he's hit just .173. Has he gone over the falls?
        He was at the very top of my "never again" list after last season. He is very clearly on a sharp downhill slope - all the numbers support that. I would bet that a few more weeks of this leads to the Nats lowering the Kieboom on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          He was at the very top of my "never again" list after last season. He is very clearly on a sharp downhill slope - all the numbers support that. I would bet that a few more weeks of this leads to the Nats lowering the Kieboom on him.
          This can't be a real thing, because I can't think of a reason for it, but I have a lot of examples in mind of 2bmen who fall off a cliff never to return. I'm not sure why that position sticks out to me for steep declines. But I still wanna believe Dozier is capable of pulling out of his tailspin. There was the rumor out there that he was playing hurt last year, after all.

Comment

• It's been essentially a little over 2 weeks...something you MIGHT notice in July, but really wouldn't pay a lot of attention to. Everything is exaggerated at this time of year, I wouldn't get too concerned until it's something like 125 or so AB's...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              It's been essentially a little over 2 weeks...something you MIGHT notice in July, but really wouldn't pay a lot of attention to. Everything is exaggerated at this time of year, I wouldn't get too concerned until it's something like 125 or so AB's...
              Normally I'd agree, but Dozier's struggles are not limited to 2019. I do not see this as a sample size issue -- .189/.287/.342 over his last 428 PA (arbitrary endpoints warning!)

Comment

It's been essentially a little over 2 weeks...something you MIGHT notice in July, but really wouldn't pay a lot of attention to. Everything is exaggerated at this time of year, I wouldn't get too concerned until it's something like 125 or so AB's...
                Tell that to the Nats, who have now had Dozier on the bench in three of their last four games.

Let's just say if I wasn't a Dozier owner I'd cross him off my "Acquire" list.

Comment

I hope you are right otherwise I made a very bad investment. He was playing with a right-knee bone bruise last year so thinking he will rebound this season. Now he has a sore toe and is day-to-day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    If for some reason they don't want to bring Kieboom up (though I note that he's played three games at 2B for the first time in his career), they also have this journeyman at AAA who's crushing it in a tiny sample: https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...58&position=2B
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Normally I'd agree, but Dozier's struggles are not limited to 2019. I do not see this as a sample size issue -- .189/.287/.342 over his last 428 PA (arbitrary endpoints warning!)
                      True, but as Pitbull indicated, Dozier was suffering from an injury last year. It could well be that he's just fallen off the cliff at age 31, but it would be somewhat of a shocker if it's true.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• As I Kieboom owner, I'm torn. He is hitting very well in the minors, but his K rate is still higher than ideal at nearly 30%. I think he could use a bit more time in the minors. I think he gets it. They paid Dozier a fair amount and it is still a very small sample size for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          As I Kieboom owner, I'm torn. He is hitting very well in the minors, but his K rate is still higher than ideal at nearly 30%. I think he could use a bit more time in the minors. I think he gets it. They paid Dozier a fair amount and it is still a very small sample size for this year.
                          Not really, just a 1 yr $9m deal. It would be a bad beat, but there’s been far worse.

Comment

• Carter Kieboom getting the call

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Carter Kieboom getting the call
                              He is in my lineup today!

I think it may be early, but I just can't sit him.

I hope Carter goes Kieboom a couple of times today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                He is in my lineup today!

I think it may be early, but I just can't sit him.

I hope Carter goes Kieboom a couple of times today!
                                I hope he goes Golden sombrero
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X