No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonite, Patrick Corbin couldnt hold a 5-2 lead and was knocked out w/o retiring anyone in the 6th. His ERA stands at 6.26 and his WHIP is at 1.449. He's on a $140 mil 6 yr contract which isnt up until the end of 2024. Strasburg, who may have little to no use to them ever, is on a $245 mil contract which isnt up until end of 2026. They will be paying Scherzer $105 mil more for not pitching for them. I dont recall ever seeing so much bad money on a baseball team before. Mike Rizzo is lucky the Nats already have a WS title or else he may be getting ridden out of town on a rail in tar and feathers. That still might happen anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Tonite, Patrick Corbin couldnt hold a 5-2 lead and was knocked out w/o retiring anyone in the 6th. His ERA stands at 6.26 and his WHIP is at 1.449. He's on a $140 mil 6 yr contract which isnt up until the end of 2024. Strasburg, who may have little to no use to them ever, is on a $245 mil contract which isnt up until end of 2026. They will be paying Scherzer $105 mil more for not pitching for them. I dont recall ever seeing so much bad money on a baseball team before. Mike Rizzo is lucky the Nats already have a WS title or else he may be getting ridden out of town on a rail in tar and feathers. That still might happen anyway.
      The Zamboni ride is over.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Tonite, Patrick Corbin couldnt hold a 5-2 lead and was knocked out w/o retiring anyone in the 6th. His ERA stands at 6.26 and his WHIP is at 1.449. He's on a $140 mil 6 yr contract which isnt up until the end of 2024. Strasburg, who may have little to no use to them ever, is on a $245 mil contract which isnt up until end of 2026. They will be paying Scherzer $105 mil more for not pitching for them. I dont recall ever seeing so much bad money on a baseball team before. Mike Rizzo is lucky the Nats already have a WS title or else he may be getting ridden out of town on a rail in tar and feathers. That still might happen anyway.
        The Tigers have Cabrera and had Zimmerman. Zimmerman had a 5 yr contract for 110 mi. Cabrera 248 mil which ends after 2023. They also had Victor Martinez 4yr contract 68 mil. All due to Mike Ilitch kindness of rewarding players. Not quite the same amount of money the Nats spent. Detroit also had Verlander, Upton and Fielder but managed to trade them off. That is the gamble and cost of running a baseball team.

Comment

• Juan Soto this month - 29 hits, 23 walks and only 6 K's. Wow.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Juan Soto this month - 29 hits, 23 walks and only 6 K's. Wow.
            I'm not an expert by any means, but I think this kid might stick around.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              I'm not an expert by any means, but I think this kid might stick around.
              Good analysis - what would you bid on him in FAAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Good analysis - what would you bid on him in FAAB.
                You don't want to go too high, but I think a safe amount would be in the low double digits.

Comment

You don't want to go too high, but I think a safe amount would be in the low double digits.
                  Since you already admitted you aren't an expert I will take this with a grain of salt
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Since you already admitted you aren't an expert I will take this with a grain of salt
                    Yeah, I might be making you pay too much. Good call.

Comment

Yeah, I might be making you pay too much. Good call.
                      if you claimed to be an expert I was all in, so thanks for the warning
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

6 for 6 with 3 HR and 3 walks in his last two games. Would it be crazy to go up to $15 in FAAB ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          6 for 6 with 3 HR and 3 walks in his last two games. Would it be crazy to go up to $15 in FAAB ?
                          You still have $15 in your FAAB account?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            You still have $15 in your FAAB account?
                            I did 2 months ago....maybe
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• We haven't seen anything like what Juan Soto is doing right now since the big head Barry Bonds days.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                We haven't seen anything like what Juan Soto is doing right now since the big head Barry Bonds days.
                                Amazing. If the Nats were in it, he’d be MVP no question. Probably finishes 2nd behind Tatis.

Comment

Working...
                                X