2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Nor I and, incredibly, I picked him up right as he got hot.
    Congrats!

Comment

• Why the hell is anyone pitching to him right now?

Comment

• Turner hit for the 3rd cycle of his career. He's pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          Turner hit for the 3rd cycle of his career. He's pretty good.
          cycle with two SB. Im lovin it.

Comment

• Juan Soto is coming to life, too. .400/.515 22-5-20 for month of June.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• El Schwarber Maximo pulled from today's game with a hammy problemy.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Nationals manager Dave Martinez said Saturday that Kyle Schwarber has a "significant" strain of his right hamstring.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Nationals acquire SS Alcides Escobar from the Royals in exchange for cash considerations and purchase his contract from Triple-A Rochester. The 34-year-old Escobar hasn't played in the big leagues since 2018.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The biggest save of Saturday’s Giants-Nationals game occurred in the lower box behind home plate.

A woman began choking, and her friend tried helping her out, but the situation was getting more serious. Dr. Willie Ross, the father of MLB veteran Tyson Ross and Nationals pitcher Joe Ross, sprung to action.

“I went over to check and she couldn’t talk,” Ross said during the game at Oracle Park, Ross on hand to watch his son’s team. “She had three pieces of hot dog lodged in there.”

Ross, a pediatrician at Stanford Hospital who trained in ER medicine, positioned himself behind the woman, who was standing. He performed the Heimlich Maneuver and got one piece out and checked to see if she was OK, and she still could not talk.

He did it again, and she couldn’t talk. He did it a third time.

“The third piece came out the size of my thumb — like the first knuckle — and then she said, ‘I can talk,'” said Ross, who wore a Nationals cap and got a big round of applause from the Giants fans surrounding him.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      The biggest save of Saturday’s Giants-Nationals game occurred in the lower box behind home plate.
                      Jesus. Is she a competitive eater?

No comment section on the story. Probably for the best.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        The biggest save of Saturday’s Giants-Nationals game occurred in the lower box behind home plate.

A woman began choking, and her friend tried helping her out, but the situation was getting more serious. Dr. Willie Ross, the father of MLB veteran Tyson Ross and Nationals pitcher Joe Ross, sprung to action.

“I went over to check and she couldn’t talk,” Ross said during the game at Oracle Park, Ross on hand to watch his son’s team. “She had three pieces of hot dog lodged in there.”

Ross, a pediatrician at Stanford Hospital who trained in ER medicine, positioned himself behind the woman, who was standing. He performed the Heimlich Maneuver and got one piece out and checked to see if she was OK, and she still could not talk.

He did it again, and she couldn’t talk. He did it a third time.

“The third piece came out the size of my thumb — like the first knuckle — and then she said, ‘I can talk,'” said Ross, who wore a Nationals cap and got a big round of applause from the Giants fans surrounding him.

https://www.knbr.com/2021/07/10/fath...aOx1fwR2wC43LI
                        Awesome story! What a hero.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Starlin Castro put on leave after accusations of domestic violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Starlin Castro put on leave after accusations of domestic violence.
                            In the back of my mind I feel like he had off the field problems as a Cub previously. Am I making that up or mixing him up with someone else? Or is he a multiple offender?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              In the back of my mind I feel like he had off the field problems as a Cub previously. Am I making that up or mixing him up with someone else? Or is he a multiple offender?
                              I believe you are thinking of Addison Russell. He was suspended for 40 games.

Comment

• This from a 2012 Chicago Tribune story.

Cook County prosecutors have declined to charge Starlin Castro over accusations by a woman that the Cubs shortstop sexually assaulted her at his Chicago home last fall.

Sally Daly, a spokeswoman with the state's attorney's office, said Friday there was insufficient evidence to charge Castro with wrongdoing following a “comprehensive review” of the allegations by Chicago police and prosecutors.

Police interviewed the alleged victim as well as other witnesses but did not take the matter to a grand jury because of the lack of evidence, according to Daly.

“All of the facts of the case were examined very closely,” she said. “The review of the case was exhaustive.”

Comment

Working...
                                X