2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    Looking great so far. Seems like he could be a $20-$30 AL-only league type of pitcher.

I have an extension decision coming up for him in my AL only league. I was able to keep him this year for $1, but have the ability on June 1 to extend him one year @$4, two years @$4/$7, or three years @$4/$7/$10. If he gets hurt or becomes a MR again, it would cost me half his salary to dump him in any extension year. Seems worth going at least two, no?
    A 1.29 WHIP and 8.81 K/9 are not the numbers of a $30 pitcher. BUT... he's been way better than that so far this year.

But his 2018 reliever season (72 innings, 94 Ks, 0.91 WHIP, 6 wins, 0 saves) has got to be worth $7 in an AL only league, doesn't it?

No way I'd go $10 but you could talk me into $7. Keep in mind, though, he's a free agent after this season.

Comment

• Tyler White has been a massive disappointment so far. And BTW, if you haven't seen White, he is massive too. As in big fat bastard massive. That was kind of a shock to me when I tuned into an Astros broadcast. Not that I'm one to talk, but I'm not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be in peak physical shape either. He has only 29 ABs and 0 RBIs. He's definitely droppable in deep leagues at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Tyler White has been a massive disappointment so far. And BTW, if you haven't seen White, he is massive too. As in big fat bastard massive. That was kind of a shock to me when I tuned into an Astros broadcast. Not that I'm one to talk, but I'm not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be in peak physical shape either. He has only 29 ABs and 0 RBIs. He's definitely droppable in deep leagues at this point.
        His start last season was worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          His start last season was worse.
          That's true, but he was a forgotten player who was picked off waiver wires last season instead of the high capital pick he was this year.

Comment

Tyler White has been a massive disappointment so far. And BTW, if you haven't seen White, he is massive too. As in big fat bastard massive. That was kind of a shock to me when I tuned into an Astros broadcast. Not that I'm one to talk, but I'm not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be in peak physical shape either. He has only 29 ABs and 0 RBIs. He's definitely droppable in deep leagues at this point.
            He was much more massive than that when he was drafted. He lost a bunch of weight as he ascended the minor league ladder, but he has gained weight back the last couple years. I don't know if you can believe it, but I actually saw him play a credible second base back in 2017.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Carlos Correa has a broken rib and will miss 4-to-6 weeks.

Comment

Carlos Correa has a broken rib and will miss 4-to-6 weeks.
                Did he do this while washing his truck a la Jeff Kent?
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Did he do this while washing his truck a la Jeff Kent?
                  guess it was not a happy ending for him.
                  Last edited by cleo; 05-29-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Does anybody really believe that Correa suffered a broken rib during a massage?
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      guess it was not a happy ending for him.
                      Lol. I see what you did there!

Comment

• I am curious what the pen thinks Houston is going to do with Kyle Tucker. Lots of power and speed but it appears alvarez has moved past him. springer, brantley and gurriel all have another season on their contract. Do they ride it out with him in the minors or the bench or do the astro's trade tucker??

Comment

• I think they ride it out but that’s total speculation. I just don’t see a huge need that would be filled by trading Tucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            I just don’t see a huge need that would be filled by trading Tucker.
                            I think they need a SP. Verlander and Cole are excellent and while Miley and Peacock have had their moments, I'd think they want to upgrade their SP3 before the playoffs. I could see them trading Tucker for a SP as long as he is controllable for an extra year or two.

And while not for Tucker, they need a LHP for the bullpen.
                            Last edited by fuhrdog; 07-20-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              I think they need a SP. Verlander and Cole are excellent and while Miley and Peacock have had their moments, I'd think they want to upgrade their SP3 before the playoffs. I could see them trading Tucker for a SP as long as he is controllable for an extra year or two.
                              Mike Minor & Marcus Stroman are both rumored to be available.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Any comments on Josh James, both ROS and 2020?

We are approaching the deadline where WW pickups have a keeper option.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X