No announcement yet.

2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance McCullers underwent season-ending surgery Tuesday on his right forearm to repair a flexor tendon and remove a bone spur. See you in 2024.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jose Altuve was placed on the 10-day IL Thursday with a left oblique strain.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In the home stretch of a tight playoff race, the Astros just got swept at home by the Royals. The ROYALS! The defending WS champs are now 2.5 G in back of Texas (3 G in the L column), who have been surging lately. They still are hanging onto the last wild card spot but only because Seattle also got swept this weekend. Worse time to go into a tailspin.

Comment

• The Athletic is reporting that Dusty Baker will likely step down as manager

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            The Athletic is reporting that Dusty Baker will likely step down as manager
            Dusty Baker finishes his career with 2183 career managerial wins in 26 seasons. He managed five teams and won division championships with all of them. He got his only World Series ring with the Astros in his 25th season as a manager.

Most MLB Managerial Wins
            1. Connie Mack (53 seasons) 3731
            2. Tony LaRussa (35 seasons) 2884
            3. John McGraw (33 seasons) 2763
            4. Bobby Cox (29 seasons) 2504
            5. Joe Torre (29 seasons) 2326
            6. Sparky Anderson (26 seasons) 2194
            7. Dusty Baker (26 seasons) 2183
            8. Bucky Harris (29 seasons) 2158
            9. Joe McCarthy (24 seasons) 2125
            10. Bruce Bochy (26 seasons) 2093
            11. Walter Alston (23 seasons) 2040
            12. Leo Durocher (24 seasons) 2008

All of the retired managers on the above list are in the Hall of Fame.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This is still my favorite Dusty Baker factoid:

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Out of all of Dusty Baker's accomplishments, i'm most impressed with the fact that he once smoked a joint with Jimi Hendrix.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Looks like the Astros are still cheating.

The Astros are trying to keep bench coach Joe Espada from interviewing with the Brewers for their managerial opening until they decide on who will replace Dusty Baker.

Espada is a candidate for both jobs. The oddity here is that, as The Athletic’s Chandler Rome reports, Espada’s contract with the Astros expired on Oct. 31, allowing him to do whatever he’d like. Yet GM Dana Brown still said Tuesday that the Brewers were being denied permission to interview in Milwaukee.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Looks like the Astros are still cheating.

The Astros are trying to keep bench coach Joe Espada from interviewing with the Brewers for their managerial opening until they decide on who will replace Dusty Baker.

Espada is a candidate for both jobs. The oddity here is that, as The Athletic’s Chandler Rome reports, Espada’s contract with the Astros expired on Oct. 31, allowing him to do whatever he’d like. Yet GM Dana Brown still said Tuesday that the Brewers were being denied permission to interview in Milwaukee.
                  The Astros have scheduled a press conference for Monday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Astros officially named Joe Espada their new manager on Monday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Michael Brantley has retired from professional baseball at age 36 after 15 seasons.

He finishes with a .298/.355/.439 triple-slash line with 129 HR and 125 SB over 1,445 games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Michael Brantley has retired from professional baseball at age 36 after 15 seasons.

He finishes with a .298/.355/.439 triple-slash line with 129 HR and 125 SB over 1,445 games.
                        $3 fantasy bucks flushed down the toilet...

Comment

• Kendall Graveman will miss the 2024 season after undergoing surgery last week to repair the labrum in his right shoulder.

Graveman was left off the Astros’ postseason roster due to a lingering right shoulder issue, but had progressed to flat-ground throwing this offseason before the issue resurfaced and wound up requiring season-ending surgery.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Kendall Graveman will miss the 2024 season after undergoing surgery last week to repair the labrum in his right shoulder.

Graveman was left off the Astros’ postseason roster due to a lingering right shoulder issue, but had progressed to flat-ground throwing this offseason before the issue resurfaced and wound up requiring season-ending surgery.
                            Gregg, how much are you flushing this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Gregg, how much are you flushing this time?
                              shitty joke
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Astros sign Jose Altuve to a five-year, $125 million contract extension which will take him through his age 39 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X