No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all of the talent that Jesus Luzardo has, i was expecting better numbers from him this season. He's been pitching like a 22 year old so far lol. I guess he's still learning how to attack big league hitters.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      With all of the talent that Jesus Luzardo has, i was expecting better numbers from him this season. He's been pitching like a 22 year old so far lol. I guess he's still learning how to attack big league hitters.
      He looked great, until he didn't
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Matt Chapman has struck out in 7 consecutive at bats and counting and 10 out of his last 11. Dont do me any favors, you jack wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Matt Chapman has struck out in 7 consecutive at bats and counting and 10 out of his last 11. Dont do me any favors, you jack wagon
          He got hurt too. Despite his struggles, I hope he isn't out long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            He got hurt too. Despite his struggles, I hope he isn't out long.
            I didnt see. Thought they pulled him because enough is enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              I didnt see. Thought they pulled him because enough is enough
              Nah, he came up limpy making a play on defense. HIs defense is so elite, they would never lift him no matter how putrid he is hitting.

A guy like that is bound to have rough patches, but if he is banged up, it will take all the longer to get through them. I'd rather bench him and let him get the ABs, but he might have too miss some time. I do hope to have Bregman back soon, which will help. But they plan on giving him maintenance days, so that isn't ideal.

Comment

• Another shoulder surgery for AJ Puk.

Comment

• Starting pitcher Daulton Jefferies will make his major league debut Saturday in the A's doubleheader versus the Rangers.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The A's placed 3B Matt Chapman on the 10-day IL with a right hip strain.

And Chapman will have season-ending surgery on his hip.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The A's placed 3B Matt Chapman on the 10-day IL with a right hip strain.

And Chapman will have season-ending surgery on his hip.
                      Shayna Rubin of the Mercury News reports that the A's are going to sign 3B Jake Lamb. The Diamondbacks released Lamb just a few days ago.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Shayna Rubin of the Mercury News reports that the A's are going to sign 3B Jake Lamb. The Diamondbacks released Lamb just a few days ago.
                        Jake Lamb's stats with the Diamondbacks/stats with the A's thru Friday:

AB - 43/15
                        H - 5/6
                        2B - 1/2
                        HR - 0/1
                        RBI - 1/3
                        Runs - 2/3
                        AVG - .116/.400

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Billy Beane is set to step down from his position in the Athletics’ front office once the merger goes through between a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) he co-chairs and Boston Red Sox owner John Henry’s Fenway Sports Group, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday. The merger would cause a conflict of interest for Beane, who owns a minority stake in the A’s as well.

Beane partnered with a private-equity firm in July to found RedBall Acquisition Corporation, an SPAC that set out to raise $500 million to go toward purchasing professional sports teams and/or leagues. Its deal with Fenway Sports Group, which the WSJ reports will cost Henry’s group $8 billion for a 25 percent stake, would allow Beane to pursue “other sports business ventures” including European soccer.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A's SP Frankie Montas has COVID-19.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jesus Luzardo is beginning to look like a post-hype prospect for 2024.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Matt Olson's K%
                                2017: 27.8%
                                2018: 24.7%
                                2019: 25.2%
                                2020: 31.4%
                                2021: 16.7%

Comment

Working...
                                X