No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A vote on the A's requested relocation to Las Vegas will be held this Thursday, 11/16.

Comment

• MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reports that the A's relocation to Las Vegas has officially been approved by the other MLB owners.

The vote was reportedly unanimous as every owner approved of Oakland owner John Fisher’s plan to force his team out of California. The A’s still have a lease to play in the Oakland Coliseum in 2024, but will not have a permanent home until 2028 when they will now move into a $1.5 billion facility on the Las Vegas Strip.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Where the A's will play in 2025, 2026, & 2027 is the big question.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Where the A's will play in 2025, 2026, & 2027 is the big question.
          I'd guess Oakland, or the minor league ballpark in LV.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reports that the A's relocation to Las Vegas has officially been approved by the other MLB owners.

The vote was reportedly unanimous as every owner approved of Oakland owner John Fisher’s plan to force his team out of California. The A’s still have a lease to play in the Oakland Coliseum in 2024, but will not have a permanent home until 2028 when they will now move into a $1.5 billion facility on the Las Vegas Strip.
            Apparently+, Peter Seidler was leading a handful of owners looking to block the move, but when he died suddenly, that fell apart.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• In case you havent heard, there is teacher's union lawsuit in Las Vegas seeking to block the use of public funds in building the stadium. Here's a short clip from a podcast w Ken Rosenthal where he says the move to Vegas is far from final and says one of big problems is that owner, John Fisher, is so hard to deal with.

​​

Comment

• And for some uplifting news re: the A's for a change, supposedly this year they will have the first female lead play-by-play announcer in MLB history in Jenny Cavnar. Hopefully, she's flexible geographically.

Comment

• It's being reported that Sacramento has emerged as the favorite site to host the A's during 2025-27. Other possible sites are Salt Lake City and Oakland itself. The A's get something like $70 mil. from the TV contract if they play in Oakland, so financially it would seem like a no-brainer that they would try to work out something w the city of Oakland to play there, but evidently relations between the A's and Oakland are so bad that this is not as easy as it seems to an outsider. By playing in Sacramento, the A's would be able to get a part of the revenue of the TV contract, but it was not reported how much this would be.

Comment

• Is this a straight up move, or will the team be rebranded? I assumed the latter but it sounds like they will remain the A's.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Miguel Andujar will be out 4-6 weeks after being diagnosed with a torn meniscus in his right knee.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is Esteury Ruiz now a short-side platooner? 2nd straight day on the bench vs. RHPs.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Is Esteury Ruiz now a short-side platooner? 2nd straight day on the bench vs. RHPs.
                          He's in today vs Carrasco

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

He's in today vs Carrasco
                            Thanks. Rotowire had him on the pine (boooo!)

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Is Esteury Ruiz now a short-side platooner? 2nd straight day on the bench vs. RHPs.
                              And he's been optioned to AAA......

Comment

Working...
                              X