2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Someone in my 16-teamer actually STARTED him!
    The owner in my league has had him in his lineup. Team is in 13th place however, with virtually no chance of improving.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Piscotty has been hot garbage outside of a few solid games. He has all of his RBI in 7 games and one of those was in Japan so I didn't get the HR and RBI.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Josh Phegley with the game of his life, driving in EIGHT.
        I bet plenty of hall-of-famers don’t have a 7 RBI game, let alone 8. Statistical anomaly.

Comment

• Anyone notice yusmeiro petit, one of my very favorite middle relief pitchers, is waaaay down on the strike out rate thus far? just 10 in 18.1 innings. the guy isn't a closer or a starter but for several seasons gave elite number of innings for a non-starter with strong era and whip, and strikeouts. His walks are also down, maybe this is a newer version?

regardless, fewer strike outs always worry me.

Comment

• Olson being prepped to return this week.

Does anyone have a realistic projection for the first month and ROS?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Khris Davis removed from today's game after running into the wall to make a catch.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Khris Davis removed from today's game after running into the wall to make a catch.
                Left hip contusion for Davis according to Pirates radio broadcast. Due to interleague play in the NL ballpark ,Davis has played his first 3 games in the OF this weekend.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• jorge mateo has started off with a pretty good first month. how long until he gets the call?

Comment

Khris Davis removed from today's game after running into the wall to make a catch.
                    Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Left hip contusion for Davis according to Pirates radio broadcast. Due to interleague play in the NL ballpark ,Davis has played his first 3 games in the OF this weekend.
                    I'm starting to wonder if there is anything left from that hip. It must be completely destroyed to miss nearly an entire week's worth of games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Khris Davis is finally back in the lineup today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• So, the hand injury didn't sap Matt Olson's power...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          So, the hand injury didn't sap Matt Olson's power...
                          I forget where, but I posted a study that showed the hamate bone worries are way overblown. When corrected for expected regression due to aging, there wasn't much evidence to support a power drop off.

Comment

• Khris Davis finally goes on the injured list for the hip that he originally "bruised" on May 5. That must be one hell of a bruise.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Khris Davis finally goes on the injured list for the hip that he originally "bruised" on May 5. That must be one hell of a bruise.
                              hopefully not a bone bruise. They take 6-8 weeks to heal.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Khris Davis finally goes on the injured list for the hip that he originally "bruised" on May 5. That must be one hell of a bruise.
                                he is not on the Dl yet

Comment

Working...
                                X