2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Less, IMO. And by a notable margin. His SLG is below .450 and his OBP has been a disappointing .324. And there's nothing exceptional in the advanced stats to indicate a big jump back.
    I agree. Among first basemen, he should be grouped in with Cron, Alonso, Healy, but behind Smoak, Santana & J. Martinez. So my guess is he falls somewhere in the 160-200 range.

Comment

• Does anyone want to reconsider Olson based on his finish. He's hitting .288/.373/.500 in September.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Top pitching prospect Jesus Luzardo shut down for the next 4-6 weeks, which jeopardizes his Oakland debut this season.

Comment

• Also Matt Olson possibly injured - hand issue. Being evaluated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Also Matt Olson possibly injured - hand issue. Being evaluated.
            Never want to see a headline that says "Matt Olson might have a serious injury."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Also Matt Olson possibly injured - hand issue. Being evaluated.
              Yesterday on MLB Radio they were saying hamate bone pretty definitively.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Yup -- it's official now: https://twitter.com/AndrewSimonMLB/s...12426417905665

Comment

• Pablo Sandoval missed 5 weeks after hamate bone surgery in 2012, but Giancarlo Stanton was shut down after June 26th with the same injury. So who knows when Olson will be back, but his power will almost certainly suffer this season.

Who will benefit with additional playing time? Will they move Profar to 1st and have Barreto play 2nd?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Pablo Sandoval missed 5 weeks after hamate bone surgery in 2012, but Giancarlo Stanton was shut down after June 26th with the same injury. So who knows when Olson will be back, but his power will almost certainly suffer this season.

Who will benefit with additional playing time? Will they move Profar to 1st and have Barreto play 2nd?
                    Most likely Canha and Pinder see the largest increase in AB's but Barreto should get a bump, as well.

Comment

• Is Olson cuttable in a redraft league, say 15 teams?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Is Olson cuttable in a redraft league, say 15 teams?

J
                        No, not until we know more on his timeline. He could be back in early May. Even though his power will likely be diminished, I think he is still rosterable in a 15 team league, especially if you have DL spots to stash him.

Comment

• Just another home run for Khris Davis on Thursday. Or was it? Check out the stadium clock as the fans in the stands try to retrieve the baseball.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Josh Phegley with the game of his life, driving in EIGHT.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Josh Phegley with the game of his life, driving in EIGHT.
                              And someone in my 14 team mixed actually owns him!
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                And someone in my 14 team mixed actually owns him!
                                Someone in my 16-teamer actually STARTED him!

Comment

Working...
                                X