Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    he is not on the Dl yet
    On Tuesday the A's said he would be put on the IL before Wednesday's game. Then on Wednesday the A's said they want to see if two days off will help Davis. All of this uncertainty about Davis by the A's is really starting to get annoying.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And annoying that he played, so it resets the clock for minimum IL stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        And annoying that he played, so it resets the clock for minimum IL stay.
        Actually they can’t backdate IL stints the same way they used to

Anyone have the new rule specs close by?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Actually they can’t backdate IL stints the same way they used to

Anyone have the new rule specs close by?
          They can’t? So it starts whenever they first announce it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            They can’t? So it starts whenever they first announce it?
            They can only backdate it 5 days now. I believe that is a change

Comment

• And Khrush FINALLY goes on the IL -- retroactive to May 22.

Comment

• Supposedly an oblique injury.

Comment

• Here's to Canha and getting the BA up a bit.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Khris Davis has been downright turrble this season. He had a career OPS+ of 126 coming into this year, and he has a 93 OPS+ this season. He's hit all of SIX HRs since April 12!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Khris Davis has been downright turrble this season. He had a career OPS+ of 126 coming into this year, and he has a 93 OPS+ this season. He's hit all of SIX HRs since April 12!!!!
                      I'm starting to think that it was a bone bruise that he suffered back in May and he's trying to play through it. He definitely looks like he is playing through some kind of injury. I've been benching him and hoping that he eventually has one of his epic hot streaks. Yeah, i'll miss the first game of any such streak. But when he goes on a tear it usually lasts a week or so.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Khris Davis was also hit on the hand by a pitch in late June.

My hand could use the break,” Davis said. “I still feel that 96 mph off the hand. I’m just trying to do what I can.”

He still has noticeable swelling on the side of the hand and it affects his swing.

It’s just not as strong as it should be,” he said. “I’ve been choking up a little bit, and that’s been helping a little, but not a lot of power guys choke up.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Khris Davis has been downright turrble this season. He had a career OPS+ of 126 coming into this year, and he has a 93 OPS+ this season. He's hit all of SIX HRs since April 12!!!!
                          Wow. I traded him away on June 9. Hadn’t followed since; better to be lucky...

Comment

• Khris Davis has not homered during the month of July despite playing full time. You have to go all the way back to April & May of his 2013 rookie season, when he was a part-time player, to find his last month without a home run.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Khris Davis has not homered during the month of July despite playing full time. You have to go all the way back to April & May of his 2013 rookie season, when he was a part-time player, to find his last month without a home run.
                              And if he's not homering......then what else is he doing? Answer: not much.

Clearly there has to be something wrong physically. This is just ridiculous.

Comment

• Mark Canha OPS splits, 2019 vs 2018 - they all flipped:

vs RHP/LHP
                                2019: 0.974/0.770
                                2018: 0.655/0.941

Home/Road
                                2019: 0.997/0.824
                                2018: 0.715/0.832

First Half/Second Half
                                2019: 0.869/0.952
                                2018: 0.803/0.725
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X