No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, for that matter get Hammell out of the rotation... he's been total crap.

Comment

A's should just stop acquiring former Orioles

Comment

Wow, they're completely imploding. Kazmir has to be hurt, getting destroyed by the Angels for the 2nd start in a row. Thankfully I benched him this week.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

from CBSsports
          (1:35 am ET) Athletics outfielder Coco Crisp is expected to require surgery to remove a bone spur and chips from his right elbow, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. The outfielder would be out for six-to-eight weeks after undergoing the procedure.

Crisp has dealt with elbow issues for much of the spring. Without his presence in the lineup, the A's will need to replace the outfielder in the leadoff spot at least until mid-May. With Crisp set to open the season on the disabled list, the A's will likely carry outfielder Billy Burns on the team's initial 25-man roster.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A's rotation set at: Gray Hahn Kazmir Graveman Pomeranz

1B Mark Canha will be a part of a platoon at first with Ike Davis. He hit .297 with six home runs and 13 RBI in 74 plate appearances this spring.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              A's rotation set at: Gray Hahn Kazmir Graveman Pomeranz

1B Mark Canha will be a part of a platoon at first with Ike Davis. He hit .297 with six home runs and 13 RBI in 74 plate appearances this spring.
              what do you all make of Canha? he has played 3b (Lowrie is known to be injured), currently qualifies in the outfield (Crisp is out and Reddick is out/injury prone), and is now listed as the backup at 1b (where Davis is supposed to only see right handed pitching). is he this year's version of Moss with some upside at 3b if he qualifies (5 games played in current season)?

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by redbroyer View Post
                what do you all make of Canha? he has played 3b (Lowrie is known to be injured), currently qualifies in the outfield (Crisp is out and Reddick is out/injury prone), and is now listed as the backup at 1b (where Davis is supposed to only see right handed pitching). is he this year's version of Moss with some upside at 3b if he qualifies (5 games played in current season)?

thoughts?
                He's a good spec play in an AL-only league since he's listed as Davis' platoon partner, though on the wrong side of the platoon. I'd not go wild, though - his PT will depend on not only injuries, but also on Billy Burns sucking since he's the favored child in the OF right now with Crisp out.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

First FAAB tonight. What would you bid on Canha?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    A's sign Cody Ross
                    Damn! It's not looking good for my $1 Billy Burns.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A's sign Cody Ross
                      Cody Ross is starting in right field and batting second

Comment

Yeah, that was my thought, too. Can't help but wonder if Burns isn't long for the big league world.
                        Athletics optioned OF Billy Burns to Triple-A Nashville.
                        Burns' stay in the majors lasted just a handful of days. The move clears a roster spot for Cody Ross, who was signed to an MLB-minimum contract on Wednesday. Apr 8 - 5:05 PM

Comment

Ike Davis pitched a 1-2-3 inning, three ground outs, in 14-1 loss. Just found it interesting.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            Ike Davis pitched a 1-2-3 inning, three ground outs, in 14-1 loss. Just found it interesting.
                            Better than Pomeranz did

Comment

Which struggling A's pitcher do you prefer ros--Hahn or Pomeranz?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Which struggling A's pitcher do you prefer ros--Hahn or Pomeranz?
                                Pomeranz 7.7 k9, 3.1 bb9, 35.4%GB, 4.12 FIP/4.24 xFIP, 8.5 SwStr, 19.7 K%

Hahn 5.6 k9, 2 bb9, 50% GB, 3.24 FIP/3.87 xFIP, 7.4% SwStr, 14.3 K%

Included their swinging strike rates because even though their K9s are vastly different, their swinging strike rates aren't. Then again, given their disparate walk rates, K% *is* pretty different. Honestly, given where they pitch, I probably don't mind the fly baller in Pomeranz. I think Hahn has upside in Ks and that would make him elite in terms of K/BB/GB, but I am worried he'll have great saber numbers and mediocre fantasy numbers. Pomeranz has also had 3 straight good starts and Hahn 3 straight mediocre ones.

Put it this way, I own Hahn, and I'd probably hold my nose and trade him for Pom, even while acknowledging that the numbers say it might be the wrong move.

FWIW, they both threw ~110 innings last year so the answer for the 2nd half might be "neither."

Comment

Working...
                                X