No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Trout is in the midst of the longest prolonged slump of his entire legendary career, going 0-for-23 in six games since May 29. Mith was right. This guy sucks.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Mike Trout is in the midst of the longest prolonged slump of his entire legendary career, going 0-for-23 in six games since May 29. Mith was right. This guy sucks.
      He will now go 8 for 10 with 4 homeruns just before he tweaks his hammy and is out for 6 weeks.

Comment

Mike Trout is in the midst of the longest prolonged slump of his entire legendary career, going 0-for-23 in six games since May 29. Mith was right. This guy sucks.
        Now 0-26. But hey...he also got a walk today...so he's making progress.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trout looks to be having issues with fastballs from that games that I have watched. Even FB strikes that are elevated but still in the zone he is behind on. Not sure if his bat speed is starting to drop or if he need to make a adjustment. He has always had a nice short/compact swing but maybe he needs to drop to a lighter bat. Age waits for no man.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
            Trout looks to be having issues with fastballs from that games that I have watched. Even FB strikes that are elevated but still in the zone he is behind on. Not sure if his bat speed is starting to drop or if he need to make a adjustment. He has always had a nice short/compact swing but maybe he needs to drop to a lighter bat. Age waits for no man.
            Interesting. FanGraphs shows his wFB (runs above average on fastballs) is a career low 4.4, so something is up:

wFB
            2013 - 47.0
            2014 - 17.7
            2015 - 45.3
            2016 - 31.5
            2017 - 24.2
            2018 - 33.1
            2019 - 33.7
            2020 - 9.5
            2021 - 11.0
            2022 - 4.4

Comment

• Noah Syndergaard’s K/9 rate down to a miniscule 5.5/9. In his last full season in 2019, it was 9.2/9

Comment

• I knew it was not good but I didn't know it was that bad. Out of 9 starts he has only two starts that were terrible however I would be nervous if I were a Thor owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  I knew it was not good but I didn't know it was that bad. Out of 9 starts he has only two starts that were terrible however I would be nervous if I were a Thor owner.
                  His velocity is waay down since his salad days of 2015-2018.

FB: 99.6 to 94.5
                  SL: 93.1 to 84.4
                  CH: 91.3 to 88.8
                  CU: 85.1 to 76.8

The injuries have taken their toll.

Comment

Now 0-26. But hey...he also got a walk today...so he's making progress.
                    well he did run into the buzzsaw that is the Phillies bullpen.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Joe Maddon canned

Comment

• Sad to see this as he was not the reason for Rendon/Ward getting hurt and Trout/Ohtani not hitting. Maybe they can bring back Brad Ausmus (LOL)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          He will now go 8 for 10 with 4 homeruns just before he tweaks his hammy and is out for 6 weeks.
                          The injury occurs just as Trout appeared to be coming out of a recent slump. On Monday, he ended an 0-for-26 skid at the plate, and earlier on Tuesday night he homered for the first time since May 28

Comment

• Rendon wrist surgery see ya next year. Also that was quite the 245 million signing.

Comment

• I didn't think Rendon's deal could have been worse then Puljols' deal. I guess at least the insurance the team took out on Rendon's contract will have paid for a decent part of what he is getting. Any one of us could have ran this team better during the Arte Morena era. This team is in need of a complete rebuild which is something they will never do.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                I didn't think Rendon's deal could have been worse then Puljols' deal. I guess at least the insurance the team took out on Rendon's contract will have paid for a decent part of what he is getting. Any one of us could have ran this team better during the Arte Morena era. This team is in need of a complete rebuild which is something they will never do.
                                It is sad to see Trout's prime wasted, and the unique splendor of Ohtani too. Ohtani's value would only increase in the playoffs. It would be fun to see him get a chance to make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X