X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did it again, 7 straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
      does the record have to be consecutive team games or consecutive player games? I thought it was player games, so I think his HR streak is still in tact at 6.
      Answers are needed to this question, as it now applies! I would also assume the streak is player games, not team games, and thus is still active. Impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        Answers are needed to this question, as it now applies! I would also assume the streak is player games, not team games, and thus is still active. Impressive!
        It’s player games.

Comment

• The Angels signed Shohei Ohtani to a record one-year, $30 million contract, the largest ever given to an arbitration-eligible player.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Angels will pay over $100 million for 3 players next season.

Rendon $38.5 million
            Trout $35.4 million
            Ohtani $30 million
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The Angels will pay over $100 million for 3 players next season.

Rendon $38.5 million
              Trout $35.4 million
              Ohtani $30 million
              True but it’s worth it to… checks notes… miss the playoffs again

Comment

• With 5 IP today, Ohtani has 166.0 IP for the season and becomes the first player in modern MLB history to officially qualify as both a hitter and a pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  The Angels will pay over $100 million for 3 players next season.

Rendon $38.5 million
                  Trout $35.4 million
                  Ohtani $30 million
                  I think any fan would be happy if their team would pay 100 million to get those three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I think any fan would be happy if their team would pay 100 million to get those three.
                    Although happier if Rendon spontaneously retired

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Although happier if Rendon spontaneously retired
                      Yes sir! I viewed him as the tax to get the other two.

Comment

• I hate to say it...... but if the Angels were smart (they are not), the would trade Ohtani and make Rendon part of the deal.

Comment

Lol, the Angels are doing it. Are there fans happily enjoying the postseason ?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Lol, the Angels are doing it. Are there fans happily enjoying the postseason ?
                            Just think how much fun it would be for Angels fans if they didn't have Ohtani and Trout.

Comment

Just think how much fun it would be for Angels fans if they didn't have Ohtani and Trout.
                              okay ! The HISTORIC Mariners finally made the playoffs with a payroll just a bit higher than those three. Given that teams have budgets I'm glad the Mariners spent there 100 million or so on a playoff team and not 3 guys....but I'm sure the Angels fans love it.

EDIT: added HISTORIC
                              Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 10-10-2022, 05:56 PM.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                okay ! The HISTORIC Mariners finally made the playoffs with a payroll just a bit higher than those three. Given that teams have budgets I'm glad the Mariners spent there 100 million or so on a playoff team and not 3 guys....but I'm sure the Angels fans love it.

EDIT: added HISTORIC
                                And the Mariners did it with Angels cast offs Jerry Dipoto and Scott Servias. I remember reading somewhere that Dipoto holds a big grudge in the way the Angels axed him in favor of keeping Mike Scioscia happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X