2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
    I didn't think Rendon's deal could have been worse then Puljols' deal. I guess at least the insurance the team took out on Rendon's contract will have paid for a decent part of what he is getting. Any one of us could have ran this team better during the Arte Morena era. This team is in need of a complete rebuild which is something they will never do.
    The Angels are also paying Justin Upton $28 million or so this year.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shohei Ohtani on Tuesday hit 2 home runs with 8 RBI.
      Shohei Ohtani on Wednesday pitched 8 shutout innings with 13 K's.
      Top that Babe Ruth.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Shohei Ohtani on Tuesday hit 2 home runs with 8 RBI.
        Shohei Ohtani on Wednesday pitched 8 shutout innings with 13 K's.
        Top that Babe Ruth.
        They said on the broadcast that he is the only player to ever have 8 rbi and 13k in his career nevermind on back to back nights!!

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
          They said on the broadcast that he is the only player to ever have 8 rbi and 13k in his career nevermind on back to back nights!!
          That can't be right, lots of players have had more than 8 RBI and 13 Ks in their career.

Comment

• The Angels have acquired RHP Touki Toussaint from the Braves for cash considerations.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              That can't be right, lots of players have had more than 8 RBI and 13 Ks in their career.
              Obviously, he meant the same player having 8 RBI in one game and 13 Ks in another in their career.

I wondered if even this revised statement was true. I knew that Tony Cloninger once had 2 GS in one game and he had a long career as a pitcher. I went thru all the games of his career and the most Ks he had in any one game was 12. Robert Person once had 7 RBI in one game but the most Ks he ever had in a game was 11. Henry Staley (a pitcher) had 9 RBI in a game in 1893 but the game logs arent available back that far so I dont know if he ever struck out 13 in a game. Probably not since K rates back then were much lower than now. So, as far as I can tell, the announcer's statement is correct.

Edit: Also, Vic Raschi had 13 Ks in a game and 7 RBI in a game in which he had 0 HRs. He had held the AL record for RBI in a game by a pitcher (according to Baseball Almanac). So Ohtani evidently now has the AL single-game record for pitcher RBI.
              Last edited by rhd; 07-04-2022, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Obviously, he meant the same player having 8 RBI in one game and 13 Ks in another in their career.

I wondered if even this revised statement was true. I knew that Tony Cloninger once had 2 GS in one game and he had a long career as a pitcher. I went thru all the games of his career and the most Ks he had in any one game was 12. Robert Person once had 7 RBI in one game but the most Ks he ever had in a game was 11. Henry Staley (a pitcher) had 9 RBI in a game in 1893 but the game logs arent available back that far so I dont know if he ever struck out 13 in a game. Probably not since K rates back then were much lower than now. So, as far as I can tell, the announcer's statement is correct.

Edit: Also, Vic Raschi had 13 Ks in a game and 7 RBI in a game in which he had 0 HRs. He had held the AL record for RBI in a game by a pitcher (according to Baseball Almanac). So Ohtani evidently now has the AL single-game record for pitcher RBI.
                I remember Cloninger hitting those 2 GS. That was quite a feat. He hit 5 HR that season and had a career 11 HR. And even won 24 games the season before.

Comment

• Trout is a K machine as of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    Trout is a K machine as of late.
                    And he has completely abandoned his running game, as he does not have even a single SB attempt.

Comment

• FanGraphs rates Trout as the least consistent hitter in MLB this year. Still, he has 23 HR (4th in MLB) and a .993 OPS (3rd in MLB). In one of my leagues, I value him at $27. Not typical Trout value but I'll take it. His owners may be having a roller-coaster ride w him this year but that's still a ride I want to take.

And the most consistent hitter this year? Why Patrick Wisdom, of course!

BTW, the FG article says that better hitters tend to have more variability in their performance than lesser hitters. Also, FG has Yordan Alvarez as the 4th most inconsistent hitter this year.
                      Last edited by rhd; 07-07-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        FanGraphs rates Trout as the least consistent hitter in MLB this year. Stil, he has 23 HR (4th in MLB) and a .993 OPS (3rd in MLB). In one of my leagues, I value him at $27. Not typical Trout value but I'll take it. His owners may be having a roller-coaster ride w him this year but that's still a ride I want to take.

And the most consistent hitter this year? Why Patrick Wisdom, of course!

BTW, the FG article says that better hitters tend to have more variability in their performance than lesser hitters. Also, FG has Yordan Alvarez as the 4th most inconsistent hitter this year.
                        Hard to believe that anyone has been more consistently shitty than Straw this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                          Hard to believe that anyone has been more consistently shitty than Straw this year.
                          Joey Gallo says hi.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Shohei Ohtani's pitching numbers in his 6 starts after Joe Madden was fired:

W-L = 6-0
                            IP = 39.2
                            SO = 58
                            ERA = 0.45
                            WHIP = 0.78

The Angels as a team however, are only 12-21 under new manager Phil Nevin.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Shohei Ohtani's pitching numbers in his 6 starts after Joe Madden was fired:

W-L = 6-0
                              IP = 39.2
                              SO = 58
                              ERA = 0.45
                              WHIP = 0.78

The Angels as a team however, are only 12-21 under new manager Phil Nevin.
                              Based on this it would appear that Ohani did not like Joe but the team did.

Comment

• A damn shame the most unique talent of my lifetime has to waste away on a bad team. I felt the same about Trout in his prime, but even more so about Ohtani.

Comment

Working...
                                X