2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
    I have to say that Pujols is not given the respect that he deserves by the fanbase in Anaheim. But can you really blame him for taking the contract that was offered by Moreno? He runs the team like he is selling a new flashy product and not trying to build a winning franchise. I could go on and on....
    I do not blame him. It is a business.

Comment

• Shoei Ohtani hit 100 MPH on the gun in BP. Buy! Buy!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Mike Trout has *9* top 5 MVP finishes in a row. Only one other player is even working on a streak of *2* top 5 MVP finishes in a row. Name that player (and kneel before the awesomeness that is Mike Trout)!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Mike Trout has *9* top 5 MVP finishes in a row. Only one other player is even working on a streak of *2* top 5 MVP finishes in a row. Name that player (and kneel before the awesomeness that is Mike Trout)!
          Mookie immediately jumps to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Mookie immediately jumps to mind.
            That was my first guess, too, but no. He was 8th (9th?) in 2019. Answer is kind of surprising, at least so I thought.

Comment

• Freddie Freeman?
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Not Freeman, either. One more guess and I'll reveal! :drumroll:

Comment

Not Freeman, either. One more guess and I'll reveal! :drumroll:
                  Or............since interest dried up.

It's DJ LaMahieu! Surprised me.

Comment

Or............since interest dried up.

It's DJ LaMahieu! Surprised me.
                    I looked it up so I wasn't going to post a spoiler.

Comment

• Will Shohei Ohtani even get 300 at bats with all of the off days (no batting) on the days he pitches...and on the days before he pitches...and on the days after he pitches? Even with a six-man rotation and 5 less pitching starts, he may be looking at only 75-80 games at DH.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Will Shohei Ohtani even get 300 at bats with all of the off days (no batting) on the days he pitches...and on the days before he pitches...and on the days after he pitches? Even with a six-man rotation and 5 less pitching starts, he may be looking at only 75-80 games at DH.
                        He's the weirdest fantasy player when playing both ways. An absolute stud in daily leagues and almost worthless in weekly leagues.

Comment

• What are your thoughts about Jared Walsh? He’s perhaps at the very top of my sleeper list for this year but projections are all over the place. Trying to talk myself into or out of picking him with the ~210th pick.

Comment

What are your thoughts about Jared Walsh? He’s perhaps at the very top of my sleeper list for this year but projections are all over the place. Trying to talk myself into or out of picking him with the ~210th pick.
                            There's definatly power in that bat, I like the ATC projection of 23/64/71 .254/319. He will get squeezed for playing time every now and then but 485 PAs seems reasonable. I think that if you buy at that price you should get fair value and there is some upside to be had if he can fix a few things.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssmallz View Post
                              There's definatly power in that bat, I like the ATC projection of 23/64/71 .254/319. He will get squeezed for playing time every now and then but 485 PAs seems reasonable. I think that if you buy at that price you should get fair value and there is some upside to be had if he can fix a few things.
                              Thanks. I definitely agree about the upside - guy put up a .293 BA last year despite having a .256 BABIP to go with his monster power.

Comment

• After watching his bullpen perform during ST, I guess Joe Maddon didn't like what he saw. Tony Watson, Steve Cishek, and James Hoyt all brought on board in basically 24 hours.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X