No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Pujols with a two home run game on Friday moves into sole possession of 5th place on the all-time career list.

1. Barry Bonds - 762
    2. Hank Aaron -755
    3. Babe Ruth - 714
    4. Alex Rodriguez - 696
    5. Albert Pujols - 662
    6. Willie Mays - 660
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andrelton Simmons has opted out of the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Albert Pujols with a two home run game on Friday moves into sole possession of 5th place on the all-time career list.

1. Barry Bonds - 762
        2. Hank Aaron -755
        3. Babe Ruth - 714
        4. Alex Rodriguez - 696
        5. Albert Pujols - 662
        6. Willie Mays - 660
        Stop doing that - no one on earth is supposed to pay attention to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Stop doing that - no one on earth is supposed to pay attention to that.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Probably a little too late, but the Angels have had a very good Sept (14-7). If Astros lose tomorrow, then the Angels will be 2 games back with 3 to play. Hou is 8-20 on the road this year, so you never know. Would there be tie breaker games this year? Not sure how much MLB has changed with the added playoff structure.

Comment

• no tiebreaker games

first one is better record in each team's own division
              I imagine next is better record in each own league
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Angels hire Perry Minasian to be their new GM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Angles on the verge of trading for Alex Cobb. I think it is 100% clear that LAA is going with a six-man rotation, which means no two-start pitchers ever. Kills the whole rotation for me.

Comment

• If the Orioles get anything of value out of the Angels for Cobb, it'll be robbery.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Well, if it helps Ohtani contribute as a pitcher, it's a good move. And honestly, given the fragility of Canning and the history of fragility in Bundy's past, those guys shouldn't complain either.

And then you've got Jose Quintana, who never misses a start except when he slices his own hand open or something... but maybe pitching every 6th day would make him better

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Well, if it helps Ohtani contribute as a pitcher, it's a good move. And honestly, given the fragility of Canning and the history of fragility in Bundy's past, those guys shouldn't complain either.

And then you've got Jose Quintana, who never misses a start except when he slices his own hand open or something... but maybe pitching every 6th day would make him better
                        lol you forgot that bastion of good health Andrew Heaney

Comment

• Albert Pujols will be retiring after this year.

To show just how amazing that dude was for a loooooong time, check this out:

Ken Griffey, Jr's best year: 171 OPS+

Albert Pujols' first ten years of his career: 172 OPS+
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Albert Pujols will be retiring after this year.

It’s too bad he’s kinda stunk the last few years, because newer fans won’t realize how great he really was.

Comment

• I have to say that Pujols is not given the respect that he deserves by the fanbase in Anaheim. But can you really blame him for taking the contract that was offered by Moreno? He runs the team like he is selling a new flashy product and not trying to build a winning franchise. I could go on and on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Albert Pujols will be retiring after this year.

That is pretty jaw dropping.

Comment

Working...
                                X