2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Maybe Gohara? Dillon Peters? Jose Suarez?
    I kinda like Suarez. Gohara has the best pedigree, though.

Comment

• Mike Trout admitted Friday that he and his wife, Jessica, discuss daily the possibility of him sitting out the 2020 season.
      The couple is expecting their first baby in August, so it's understandable that Trout is wrestling with the decision. “I love playing this game. We want to play,” Trout said. “It’s going to come down to how safe we’re going to be. If there’s an outbreak, you definitely have to reconsider. There’s a lot of questions. I love baseball, but I have to do what’s right for my family. It’s going to be a tough decision if something happens down the road. I think the biggest thing is, these next few weeks, if I test positive, it’s my first child, and I have to be there. If I’m positive, doctors have told me I can’t see the baby for 14 days. Jess won’t see the baby for 14 days if she tests positive. We’re going to be upset.” It sounds like Trout is tentatively leaning toward playing as things stand right now but could change his mind depending on how things play out. Given his situation, you could hardly blame him for sitting out.

SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
      Jul 3, 2020, 1:16 PM ET

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't blame him and fans would forgive him, for sure. But I'd bet he plays. Years from now, when comparing players acorss generations, this season, and maybe next, will be factored into the "what if" convos, like great players who missed prime years due to WWII.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Yeah, I wouldn't blame him and fans would forgive him, for sure. But I'd bet he plays. Years from now, when comparing players acorss generations, this season, and maybe next, will be factored into the "what if" convos, like great players who missed prime years due to WWII.
          I was about to trade for him in RJEL--this was a concern I had, glad my offer was rejected.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ohtani with an epically disastrous start: 0 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 5 ER.

In such a shortened season, that’s about as bad a fantasy disaster as you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Ohtani with an epically disastrous start: 0 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 5 ER.

In such a shortened season, that’s about as bad a fantasy disaster as you can get.
              I noticed that
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Ohtani with an epically disastrous start: 0 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 5 ER.

good news if you were worried about him pitching too many innings this year
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  good news if you were worried about him pitching too many innings this year
                  LOL.

Using today's political reasoning, if I didn't look at my Live Scoring, then maybe it didn't really happen.

Comment

• If Ohtani doesn't pitch again this year his era will be zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      If Ohtani doesn't pitch again this year his era will be zero.
                      wouldn't it be infinity?
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        wouldn't it be infinity?
                        That's correct he's pulling a Harry Heitmann

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                          If Ohtani doesn't pitch again this year his era will be zero.
                          I'm struggling with the "pitch again" terminology
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            wouldn't it be infinity?
                            It should be but CBS at least doesn't do infinity. CBS shows it as zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I'm struggling with the "pitch again" terminology
                              I just assume he means next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I just assume he means next year.
                                I was just thinking it was a stretch to call yesterdays outing "pitching"
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X