No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adell play brutal. Announcer saying Adell was like a setter in volleyball with the assist to get ball over fence. I mean how could that have been butchered worse?

Comment

• So...did Solak get credit for a HR?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        So...did Solak get credit for a HR?
        Well he has 0 HR this year so I'm gonna say no.

Comment

So...did Solak get credit for a HR?
          they called it a 4-base error
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Trout!!!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                And once again Horns is the voice of reason!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Trout!!!
                  I was waiting for "has no stolen bases! He sucks!"

Comment

I was waiting for "has no stolen bases! He sucks!"
                    LOL...my 18 team mixed I have ZERO stolen bases. I have Turner, Trout, Dahl, Gamel A Hicks, Wong (understandable), and I just picked up Hamilton out of desperation. Not. One. Single. Steal.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      LOL...my 18 team mixed I have ZERO stolen bases. I have Turner, Trout, Dahl, Gamel A Hicks, Wong (understandable), and I just picked up Hamilton out of desperation. Not. One. Single. Steal.
                      You should be thankful that Dahl and Hicks aren't hurt already.

P.S. I can relate. 75% of my AL only steals come from....Brett Phillips. The other 25%? From Pedro Severino.

Comment

• Trout blows.

Comment

• Wednesday's game between the Angels and Astros has been postponed due to Hurricane Laura.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Albert Pujols' homer on Sunday moved him into a tie with Willie Mays for 5th place on the all-time career home run list. Pujols has one year remaining on his contract.

1. Barry Bonds - 762
                            2. Hank Aaron -755
                            3. Babe Ruth - 714
                            4. Alex Rodriguez - 696
                            5. Willie Mays - 660
                            5. Albert Pujols - 660
                            Last edited by madducks; 09-13-2020, 10:41 PM. Reason: one year left instead of two
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pujols is also in the career top five for doubles, runs batted in, total bases, and extra base hits.

DOUBLES
                              1. Tris Speaker - 792
                              2. Pete Rose - 746
                              3. Stan Musial - 725
                              4. Ty Cobb - 724
                              5. Albert Pujols - 669

RUNS BATTED IN
                              1. Hank Aaron -2297
                              2. Babe Ruth - 2214
                              3. Albert Pujols - 2100
                              4. Alex Rodriguez - 2086
                              5. Cap Anson - 2075

TOTAL BASES
                              1. Hank Aaron - 6856
                              2. Stan Musial - 6134
                              3. Willie Mays -6066
                              4. Barry Bonds - 5976
                              5. Albert Pujols - 5923

EXTRA BASE HITS
                              1. Hank Aaron - 1477
                              2. Barry Bonds - 1440
                              3. Stan Musial - 1377
                              4. Babe Ruth - 1356
                              5. Albert Pujols - 1347
                              Last edited by madducks; 02-23-2021, 10:56 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I saw Pujols like a week or two ago flailing away trying for this tie.

ironically, there is a massive overstatement about Mays overstaying his career welcome.

in reality, he got off to a slow start at age 41 in 1972 - 79 OPS+ in 67 PA - and then got traded to the Mets and he raked to a 145 OPS+ (his career total is 156) in 242 PA.

in 1973, Mays finally did suck - 81 OPS+ in 239 PA and not pretty in the World Series and then he retired.

Pujols, meanwhile, is working on a string of OPS+s of 80, 91, 93, and now 79 at age 40.

somebody throw in the towel and stop the fight/madness already on this rotting corpse of a career.

a guy who doesn't even play the field and had his last good (not great, 138 OPS+) season in 2012.

he established himself as a first-ballot Hall of Famer based on his incredible prime before that. there is no zeroth-ballot, and he's fortunate that you don't play yourself OUT of the Hall of Fame.

"Let me ask you one question

Is your money that good"
                                Last edited by Judge Jude; 09-14-2020, 09:41 AM.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X