No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohtani the hitter has 83 strike outs so far this year.
    Ohtani the pitcher has 82 strike outs so far this year.
    So, who wins?
    I know.
    Ohtani.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Ohtani the hitter has 83 strike outs so far this year.
      Ohtani the pitcher has 82 strike outs so far this year.
      So, who wins?
      I know.
      Ohtani.
      If Ohtani the hitter faced Ohtani the pitcher, what do you think would happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        I predict in 30 years, once cloning gets ironed out, and Ohtani's clones are full grown, baseball with be all Ohtanis, so we will know then.

Comment

A 500 foot home run.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think he could run fast enough to get to the batter's box in time after throwing the pitch, so I'd bet on a strikeout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I don't think he could run fast enough to get to the batter's box in time after throwing the pitch, so I'd bet on a strikeout.
              Probably. But note that Bugs was fast enough to catch his own pitch .

Comment

• Ohtani w 2 HRs so far tonite. He now is the MLB HR leader by 2 and is 3rd in RBI w 63. Plus he has a 2.58 ERA and a 12.4 K/9 as a pitcher. And he has 11 SBs. If this guy doesnt win the MVP, something's wrong.

Comment

Ohtani w 2 HRs so far tonite. He now is the MLB HR leader by 2 and is 3rd in RBI w 63. Plus he has a 2.58 ERA and a 12.4 K/9 as a pitcher. And he has 11 SBs. If this guy doesnt win the MVP, something's wrong.
                  He should win it running away. I can't wait to see what his total WAR will end up being this year. What a bargain the Angels are getting with him. I bet he ends up earning over 50 million this year in terms of production when he is making less than 1/10 that.

Comment

• I drafted him in the $2 reserve round back in 2016 when he was still in Japan based on your ranking on your preseason list. Yes, I lucked out with him signing with the Angels as I would have lost him if he went to a NL team, but just wanted to let you know that your lists and advice pay dividends for many years. Thank you RHD!

Comment

• Ohtani, the pitcher, didn't make it out of the first inning tonight against the Yankees. The Bronx bombers small-balled their way to 7 runs (BB,BB,BB,1B,1B,K,5-3,HBP,BB + the bullpen gives up a bases clearing 2B) and an early knockout of Ohtani.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Ohtani, the pitcher, didn't make it out of the first inning tonight against the Yankees. The Bronx bombers small-balled their way to 7 runs (BB,BB,BB,1B,1B,K,5-3,HBP,BB + the bullpen gives up a bases clearing 2B) and an early knockout of Ohtani.
                        And the Angels battled back to win it with 7 runs of their own in the top of the 9th. And Jared Walsh became the first player to ever hit a grand slam off of Aroldis Chapman.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lots of milestones in yesterday's game:

- the 7 runs allowed were the most by Ohtani in his career
                          - the grand slam by Walsh was the 1st HR allowed by Chapman to a lefty to since August 2017
                          - first time the Yanks allowed a grand slam in the 9th or later since June 1986
                          - Chapman walked 3 batters in a game for the first time since July 2019
                          - 4th time the Yanks scored 7 in the 1st and lost, last being 1954
                          - 1st time the Yanks led by 4 in the 9th and lost since August 2000
                          - The 7 runs in the 1st for the Yanks was their biggest 1st inning since May 2015
                          - Ohtani was the first pitcher to start one game after hitting 2 HRs since Babe Ruth in 1930

Comment

• Ohtani w a 459-ft HR (31) today, which landed high up on the batter's eye. Today is his birthday. No wonder he wanted to come to the US .

Comment

Ohtani w a 459-ft HR (31) today, which landed high up on the batter's eye. Today is his birthday. No wonder he wanted to come to the US .
                              Ohtani was just named to the American League All-Star team twice -- both as a pitcher (voted by the players) and as the designated hitter (voted by the fans).

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ohtani hit HR #32 today, which makes him the all-time single-season HR leader for a Japanese import. With about half of the season yet to be played. Could he hit 60?

Comment

Working...
                                X