2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I've never seen the logic in a 10 or 8 contract for a pitcher.
    fixed that for ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      I've never seen the logic in a 10 or 8 contract for a pitcher. 6 is very much pushing it.
      I agree. But, assuming that owners are colluding and don't want to escalate annual salaries for elite players beyond $35 million, teams willing to pay that much would only want to outbid each other by offering additional years. Cole is a top 5 pitcher in his prime. Some team is probably going to get a little crazy trying to be the top bidder for his services. If a team is desperate enough to sign Cole to a huge 10 year deal, they are only thinking about what he can do for them now in years 1-5 and figure they can worry later about years 6-10. Some teams are willing to mortgage the future to win now. Bad contracts for ARod, Pujols, and Miggy have proven that.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Angels and Padres both in the hunt for Maddon.

It would seem like San Diego might be a great fit with all of the young talent.

Comment

• I do find it interesting that one of the main reasons the Angels moved on from Mike Scioscia was that he was too old and they wanted a younger manger that would embrace the new ways of thinking. Maddon is 5 years older than Scioscia.

When I think of Maddon, he reminds me of Phil Jackson. With both TB and Chicago, those teams were loaded with young talent and ready to go. This is not the case with the Angels. I agree with Gregg that Maddon is a much better fit with SD and LAA may end up going with Eric Chavez.

Comment

• To no one's surprise, the Angels hire Joe Maddon as manager.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              To no one's surprise, the Angels hire Joe Maddon as manager.
              Mickey Callaway is going to be named the Angels pitching coach. Prior to the Mets manager gig, Callaway was a pretty good pitching coach for the Indians.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Does anyone have a read on the Angels vis a vis their pitching.

For the last few years it has been death valley. I have a significant investment in in Shohei Ohtani and a smaller one in Andrew Heaney. Can I at least get one good season out of the pair?
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Having read Arte Moreno’s latest, I really feel sorry for Angels fans.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Having read Arte Moreno’s latest, I really feel sorry for Angels fans.
                    Wasting the first 8 years of Trout's career wasn't enough for you?

Comment

• Griffin Canning felt pain in his elbow yesterday and is undergoing an MRI. The Angels are "very concerned."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Griffin Canning felt pain in his elbow yesterday and is undergoing an MRI. The Angels are "very concerned."
                        That sucks. I almost took him in the last round of the mock.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Griffin Canning felt pain in his elbow yesterday and is undergoing an MRI. The Angels are "very concerned."
                          Worse pitching luck/health management... Angels or Yankees?

Patrick Sandoval stock up... beyond him I'm not even sure. Guess Arte shouldn't have thrown a fit over the Stripling deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            That sucks. I almost took him in the last round of the mock.
                            How did he last until the last round?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              How did he last until the last round?
                              Sorry, not the final round of the draft but rather the last round we just had.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Worse pitching luck/health management... Angels or Yankees?

Patrick Sandoval stock up... beyond him I'm not even sure. Guess Arte shouldn't have thrown a fit over the Stripling deal.
                                Maybe Gohara? Dillon Peters? Jose Suarez?

Comment

Working...
                                X