2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    We have one mulligan on auction day this weekend. That means we can call back one of our own dropped players and drop a different one. I am thinking about bringing back $2 Fiers and dropping $2 Heaney. I have $44 for 13 players and can't take the chance of losing Heaney for extensive time.

Thoughts?
    Yeah, I'd do it too. I wish I could get a mulligan on keeping Heaney in PONY

Comment

• Thank you gentlemen. Always good to get confirmation.

And Ken that picture of Steve 2.0 is fantastic! Thanks for brightening my day.

Comment

• luis rengifo middle infielder got the call today.

simmons and la stella established, not sure his role

75-75 s.o. to walks last year with 7 hr and 41 steals.

Comment

• Albert Pujols becomes the fifth member of the 2,000 RBI club.

1. Hank Aaron - 2,297
          2. Babe Ruth - 2,214
          3. Alex Rodriguez - 2,086
          4. Cap Anson - 2,075
          5. Albert Pujols - 2,000
          6. Barry Bonds - 1,997
          7. Lou Gehrig - 1,996
          8. Stan Musial - 1,951
          9. Ty Cobb - 1,944
          10. Jimmie Foxx - 1,922
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andrelton Simmons with a severe ankle sprain. Probably out past the AS Break.

Comment

• What is up with Cody Allen? Any hope that he turns it around? I traded for him for a proverbial bag of balls in my 12 team AL only league. We have holds as a category so even if he's getting holds he has value, as long as his ERA/WHIP are good. Is he worth holding on to?
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                What is up with Cody Allen? Any hope that he turns it around? I traded for him for a proverbial bag of balls in my 12 team AL only league. We have holds as a category so even if he's getting holds he has value, as long as his ERA/WHIP are good. Is he worth holding on to?
                I had thought he was turning a corner recently as I saw his ERA dropping, but upon closer inspection, he issued walks and hits in each appearance but just didn't allow in any runs. Then he got battered last night again. I rostered him in RJEL, but I just don't see how he gets the closer role back anytime soon, so he's probably out the door soon.

Since his return from the IL on May 8, here are his numbers:
                7 APP
                7 1/3 IP
                9 H
                4 ER
                3 HRA
                6 BB
                9 K
                4.91 ERA
                2.04 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I had thought he was turning a corner recently as I saw his ERA dropping, but upon closer inspection, he issued walks and hits in each appearance but just didn't allow in any runs. Then he got battered last night again. I rostered him in RJEL, but I just don't see how he gets the closer role back anytime soon, so he's probably out the door soon.

Since his return from the IL on May 8, here are his numbers:
                  7 APP
                  7 1/3 IP
                  9 H
                  4 ER
                  3 HRA
                  6 BB
                  9 K
                  4.91 ERA
                  2.04 WHIP
                  That is not inspiring. I'll give him a chance but if something better comes along he'll be out the door.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Tommy La Stella, in the midst of a breakout season which culminated in being named to the All Star team, has a fractured right tibia that will keep him out of action 8-to-10 weeks.

Comment

• Tough break (no pun intended) for La Stella and his owners.

How did it happen? Fouled a ball? Something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Tough break (no pun intended) for La Stella and his owners.

How did it happen? Fouled a ball? Something else?
                        yes, foul ball off his shin.

Comment

• Dark Knight has been released. The Angels have made some really bad FA signings this past few years.

2019 salary
                          M Harvey = $11m
                          T Cahill = $9m
                          C Allen = $8.5m
                          Z Cozart = $12.5m

Will Trout and this team ever compete for a post season spot? I could do a better job running the team, but the real problem is ownership/Arte M...

Comment

• Pujols this year:
                            Bases Empty: .213/.269/.371 (MLB: .246/.314/.429)
                            Runner on 1st only: .281/.333/.453 (MLB: .265/.325/.452)
                            RISP: 138 PA, .304/.370/.539 (MLB: .263/.346/.446)
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                              Dark Knight has been released. The Angels have made some really bad FA signings this past few years.

2019 salary
                              M Harvey = $11m
                              T Cahill = $9m
                              C Allen = $8.5m
                              Z Cozart = $12.5m

Will Trout and this team ever compete for a post season spot? I could do a better job running the team, but the real problem is ownership/Arte M...
                              I liked the Cozart signing at the time, but he's fallen apart physically. Hard to say how he would have fared if he held up, but he looks like Tulowitski at this point.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                                Pujols this year:
                                Bases Empty: .213/.269/.371 (MLB: .246/.314/.429)
                                Runner on 1st only: .281/.333/.453 (MLB: .265/.325/.452)
                                RISP: 138 PA, .304/.370/.539 (MLB: .263/.346/.446)
                                I guess it does help to distract the pitcher.
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X