Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    And have a torn UCL by Friday!
    So mean. So very mean. But you're probably right.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So with Revere in the fold, how does his PT shake out? Seems like Trout, Maybin and Calhoun are the OFers, Pujols at DH, Cron at 1B. He hits LHPs and RHPs equally well, so not sure he's a platooner.

Where's he gonna play?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        So with Revere in the fold, how does his PT shake out? Seems like Trout, Maybin and Calhoun are the OFers, Pujols at DH, Cron at 1B. He hits LHPs and RHPs equally well, so not sure he's a platooner.

Where's he gonna play?
        Pinch run, pinch hit, play the 60 games or so that Maybin misses. The Angels have quietly become a fairly interesting team, without sacrificing much of anything. Really good defense up the middle...if they get any kind of pitching, say a real comeback by Richards, maybe CJ Wilson, they could be in the hunt.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Pinch run, pinch hit, play the 60 games or so that Maybin misses. The Angels have quietly become a fairly interesting team, without sacrificing much of anything. Really good defense up the middle...if they get any kind of pitching, say a real comeback by Richards, maybe CJ Wilson, they could be in the hunt.
          FYI - C.J.Wilson is a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Garrett Richards could be the 2014 version of himself and the Angels might improve to third in the AL West instead of finish dead last. They still have one horrifying set of starting pitchers.

Agree with you on Revere, though. Smarter signing than they're being given credit for. If Maybin and Pujols can spread out their DL time, Revere might play 140 games.

Comment

If you avoided Garrett Richards like the plague this draft season, it may have paid off -- he was lifted in the 4th pointing to his elbow. Doesn't sound good. For his sake, I hope he didn't tear his UCL again, but that's the fear. He should've had the damned TJ surgery last year.

Comment

If you avoided Garrett Richards like the plague this draft season, it may have paid off -- he was lifted in the 4th pointing to his elbow. Doesn't sound good. For his sake, I hope he didn't tear his UCL again, but that's the fear. He should've had the damned TJ surgery last year.
                Looks like he avoided a major injury. Reports are a biceps cramp.

Comment

Let's just say my 2 through 5 of Tanaka, Rodon, Richards, Wacha, Guerra isn't filling me with glee right now.

Comment

Tyler Skaggs out 10-to-12 weeks with oblique strain.

Comment

Tyler Skaggs out 10-to-12 weeks with oblique strain.
                      In other words drop him outside of AL Only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        In other words drop him outside of AL Only.
                        And maybe in AL only depending on your league parameters and keeper value.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          And maybe in AL only depending on your league parameters and keeper value.
                          True.

In the 12 team only leagues I've played in with a 10 man bench though, any starter with an ERA < 5 is typically rostered.

Comment

How bout Ricky Nolasco with his first double digit K game in 4 years!

Comment

Former Angel Doug DeCinces was convicted of insider trading and is facing up to 280 years in prison. Ouch.

Comment

Looks like Richards avoided a major injury. Reports are a biceps cramp.
                                And now this "biceps cramp" will keep him out until August at the earliest.

I just don't understand when these pitchers/teams try to avoid having surgery and it costs them greatly. It's looking possible that Richards will now miss the lion's share of two seasons, and who knows going in to next year? The prime of his career has been ruined.

Comment

Working...
                                X