No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Pujols will miss at least four games with hamstring injury.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Looks like Pujols will miss at least four games with hamstring injury.
      Gahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Trouble in the city of Angels.

Rotoworld:
        ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that Jerry Dipoto is "definitely out" as the Angels general manager.
        Crasnick says Dipoto went to owner Arte Moreno with an ultimatum, "and it backfired." FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal hears that Dipoto "packed up his office and left today," but it's not clear whether he "acted out of emotion" or if he's resigning. Dipoto and manager Mike Scioscia have long had a rocky relationship, and things reached a head after Rosenthal published an article earlier this week about the two's working relationship getting worse. We should hear something definitive on Dipoto later Wednesday.
        Source: Jerry Crasnick on Twitter
        Jul 1 - 8:19 AM
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Angels acquired Conor Gillaspie from the White Sox for cash.

Comment

Heaney to the DL, Angels currently emphasizing that it's not too serious.

This team is in a bad way. Garrett Richards and 4 days of rain. Can't add salary, no prospects to deal. No major pitching prospects to call up, though Nate Smith* did fine in AA in 2015.
            At least this is the last year for Wilson & Weaver ($40.7M combined)

*For AL-only leagues, Smith could be worth keeping an eye on. At 23, he had the lowest era in the Texas League for pitchers with at least 80 IP.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Weaver allegedly hit 86 in a minor league start. Savior!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                3.12 ERA for Weaver so far. Course his FIP and xFIP are like 3 runs higher.....
                I wouldnt touch him with a 10ft foot pole. I think he is truly "fork ready". With the continual drop in velocity, hes literally doesnt throw much harder than batting practice

Comment

Andrew Heaney is getting a plasma injection into his forearm and will miss the next 2-to-3 months. Wonderful!

Comment

any reason why Richards was removed from his start today after only 4 IP [and 79 pitches]? Beat reporter speculates it was a long 4th inning, but is that really it?

Comment

Uh....this sounds bad - Passan is reporting torn ulnar collateral ligament for Garrett Richards. Unconfirmed for now, but it explains a lot.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Garrett Richards has torn ulnar collateral ligament and is expected to need Tommy John surgery.

Comment

Angels need to trade Mike Trout now while they can get a ton in return for him. They have no farm system at all (easily the worst) and the future health of the franchise depends on it. This is like the Cowboys dealing Hershel Walker for a ton of current & future help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                            Garrett Richards has torn ulnar collateral ligament and is expected to need Tommy John surgery.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...90043397259264
                            Holy shit. Yesterday it was fatigue, but now he needs TJ surgery?? FML.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              Angels need to trade Mike Trout now while they can get a ton in return for him. They have no farm system at all (easily the worst) and the future health of the franchise depends on it. This is like the Cowboys dealing Hershel Walker for a ton of current & future help.
                              I just talked to Theo and the Cubs can offer Gleyber Torres, Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, Ian Happ and Billy McKinney for Mike Trout.

Comment

Looks like Heaney probably needs TJ too.

Comment

Working...
                                X