No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marlins signed Casey McGehee to a 1 year deal, returning him to the States after a year in Japan.

Comment

Another move that will forever alter the balance of power in the NL East. From Rotoworld--

"Marlins re-signed RHP Kevin Slowey to a minor league contract.

Slowey posted a 4.11 ERA and 76/18 K/BB ratio over 92 innings last season with the Marlins before going down with a strained right forearm. Assuming he's healthy, the veteran right-hander could surface in the starting rotation at some point in 2014."

I can just hear Hornsby--"At least he didn't come back to Minnesota!"
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        Another move that will forever alter the balance of power in the NL East. From Rotoworld--

Slowey posted a 4.11 ERA and 76/18 K/BB ratio over 92 innings last season with the Marlins before going down with a strained right forearm. Assuming he's healthy, the veteran right-hander could surface in the starting rotation at some point in 2014."

Before he got injured he pitched acceptably for them last year. He isn't too old to yet develop into a reliable major league starter. I like the signing.

Comment

Marlins team president David Samson will be one of 18 contestants in the next season of Survivor. CBS has already announced the show will take place in a Philippines but the contestants have not yet been officially named.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post

At least he didn't come back to Minnesota!

He's a gutless pig...he'll miss 5 stats with a hangnail.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

This guy should win. He was able to fool a million people into voting for his new stadium. He can fool 17 other people on this show.

Forgot to quote - Talking about Samson winning survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Marlins team president David Samson will be one of 18 contestants in the next season of Survivor. CBS has already announced the show will take place in a Philippines but the contestants have not yet been officially named.
                First Jimmy Johnson and now Samson...Survivor, the place where destroyers of Miami sports come to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  First Jimmy Johnson and now Samson...Survivor, the place where destroyers of Miami sports come to retire.
                  I bet Marlin fans are hopeful Samson gets banished to Exile Island and never comes back!

Comment

Cishek better watch his 6 now...well probably not

Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Marlins and reliever Carlos Marmol have agreed to a one-year, $1.25 million contract, pending a physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Cishek better watch his 6 now...well probably not
                      No, probably not, but I was somewhat surprised that they are paying 3.8m this year for their closer. Not usually how they roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                        No, probably not, but I was somewhat surprised that they are paying 3.8m this year for their closer. Not usually how they roll.
                        That doesn't mean he'll be around all year to collect the whole $3.8 million from the Marlins. They have a bit of a track record for trading guys who make more than the minimum.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

Miami signs Jeff Baker. To make room for him, the recently acquired Jimmy Paredes was designated for assignment.

Baker should play a lot against lefties and may platoon with Garrett Jones at 1B.

-- William James

Comment

A-hole David Samson first one voted off Survivor...they could smell the rat right away - which is nice because now I dont need to watch any more of this garbage. F U Samson!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but Nate Eovaldi looks fantastic so far. He's been blowing batters away like clockwork. I guess you can do that when you constantly throw 97 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Maybe it's just me, but Nate Eovaldi looks fantastic so far. He's been blowing batters away like clockwork. I guess you can do that when you constantly throw 97 mph.
                                I haven't seen any of his starts and was wondering what changed. I was lucky enough to get him during dollar days in one auction. 14 Ks, 1 BB in 13 IP. Small sample size so ignore it? He threw really hard last year too and was quite hittable. But he is young, so maybe he developed something (another pitch? better location?)

Comment

Working...
                                X