No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rostered Jake Fox that year. He only cost me a buck and i ended up dropping him by mid-season.

I seem to recall former Pirates first baseman Brad "Big Country" Eldred hitting about 10 HR or so one year in spring training. He had huge power but the holes in his swing and glove were even bigger. He only totaled 15 HR over parts of 4 Major League seasons (2005-2012) along with with a .203 career batting average. Eldred ended up playing his last few years in Japan and finished with over 400 home runs in his professional (minors, MLB, & Japan) baseball career.

Interesting note: The Pirates once turned down a Phillies trade offer of prospect Ryan Howard for prospect Kris Benson because former Pirates GM Dave Littlefield thought that Howard and Eldred were similar players.
    Last edited by madducks; 03-08-2020, 01:15 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Did Jeter just pass on a potential franchise SS/3B (Austin Martin) to pick a RH reliever (Max Meyer)? yikes. Maybe RHD can talk me off the ledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Did Jeter just pass on a potential franchise SS/3B (Austin Martin) to pick a RH reliever (Max Meyer)? yikes. Maybe RHD can talk me off the ledge
        All the comps I read call him "mini-Buehler" or something similar. But that's the best I've got.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Meyer hits over 100 on the gun and the Marlins are "definitely going to make him a starter".

Comment

• All I know is that if I were Ross Atkins, I'd have checked my WiFi to confirm someone wasn't playing a practical joke on me when Austin Martin was available. I can almost hear the conversation:

EXCITED SCOUT: Austin Martin is available! YESSSS!
            Ross Atkins: No way. You guys have to be screwing with my connection.
            EXCITED SCOUT: No, Martin's really available!!
            Ross Atkins: Come on, four teams can't possibly be that stupid.
            EXCITED SCOUT: Two of the teams are the Orioles and Marlins.
            Ross Atkins: Never mind. I'll call in our pick of Austin Martin. <Champagne cork pops>
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Did Jeter just pass on a potential franchise SS/3B (Austin Martin) to pick a RH reliever (Max Meyer)? yikes. Maybe RHD can talk me off the ledge
              yeah, the Jays getting Martin at #5 - wow.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Yeah, Martin was a steal at 5. He should have gone 2. Meyer is a big risk, because he is an arm and he is short, but if he were 3 inches taller, I don't think anyone would be mad at that pick--dude throws triple digits and has crazy spin on the ball. He has a shot of being a TOR arm. Still, I like other arms like Lacey even more, and I'd have gone bat and taken Martin all day over Meyer. But to Marlins fans, Meyers isn't a huge reach. Just based on stuff, he is arguably the best arm in the draft. I just have a bias for shorter starters, even though I've hit and enjoyed having guys like Lincecum and Oswalt on my teams before. Meyers is right there with Sixto for the Marlins in terms of risk/reward.

Comment

• Sixto Sanchez gets the call

Comment

• Jesus Sanchez also called up. So they have all the big guns - Sixto, Sanchez and Lewin Diaz all with the club right now.

Also Miguel Rojas is back today, which probably means the end of our favorite speed skater Eddy Alvarez

Comment

Jesus Sanchez also called up. So they have all the big guns - Sixto, Sanchez and Lewin Diaz all with the club right now.

Also Miguel Rojas is back today, which probably means the end of our favorite speed skater Eddy Alvarez
                      I think alvarez will stay and Forsythe will go. Alvarez can play more positions, can run , play defense. Neither is hitting.

Comment

• Doesnt matter today...someone tested positive on the Mets.

Comment

• It's Sixto time ! looking forward to watching his debut
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            It's Sixto time ! looking forward to watching his debut
                            5 fastballs in a row at 100
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              5 fastballs in a row at 100
                              but the back to back sliders to get asdrubal were the amazing two pitches

and btw, the term is "it's Sixto Clock"

Comment

but the back to back sliders to get asdrubal were the amazing two pitches

and btw, the term is "it's Sixto Clock"
                                yeah, those were nice
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X