No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice write up. I have Lopez and you are not optimistic health-wise, how does he look to you? I also have Floro but I think Bender might just keep the closer role for good. Lucky for me the draft was rescheduled the 24th so now we do not have to send keeper list until 18th.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      Nice write up. I have Lopez and you are not optimistic health-wise, how does he look to you? I also have Floro but I think Bender might just keep the closer role for good. Lucky for me the draft was rescheduled the 24th so now we do not have to send keeper list until 18th.
      Thanks! Lopez has not looked great this spring but last start his velo was where it is supposed to be. The start before he looked really terrible but he was throwing almost all cutters from what I understand. Lopez is fine and I would ride him early...just not sure he can make it thru a full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Thanks for this! As a owner of multiple shares of De La Cruz, I hope to see him back up sometime soon. Bender was an offseason grab at a buck so I hope you're right. Thanks again!
        Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this. There are lots of other guys who could do their favorite team the same way. Homers give out tons of insight fellas!

As for de la cruz...I dont really understand why he isnt at least a backup in the majors frankly...I guess they want him to get full ABs.

Comment

• So here's a PSA: Elieser Hernandez was just hit on the throwing shoulder by a 105 mph combacker (the poor guy has only bad luck it seems). They told the press box he was removed with a "forearm contusion," which the replay clearly shows he wasnt hit anywhere near the forearm. I would bet any amount that he goes to the IL and the opening day rotation is affected. Cabrera, Garrett or Meyer are ideal but they could hold off until they need a fifth.

Comment

• Looks like he got hit in the shoulder blade..

Comment

Thanks for this! As a owner of multiple shares of De La Cruz, I hope to see him back up sometime soon. Bender was an offseason grab at a buck so I hope you're right. Thanks again!
              Sometime soon is today it seems. De La Cruz has been recalled for Opening Day. He will back up all 3 OF positions. I wonder if they blew one of his options with this stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Sometime soon is today it seems. De La Cruz has been recalled for Opening Day. He will back up all 3 OF positions. I wonder if they blew one of his options with this stupidity.
                I dont think options are even applicable until the season starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I dont think options are even applicable until the season starts.
                  The new Options schedule is not applicable until May 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    even better

Comment

How does this affect players currently out of options going into the season?
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How does this affect players currently out of options going into the season?
                        I'm not sure it applies. The new rule allows for players to be shuttled back and forth to the minors only 5 times, from unlimited. The options you're referring to is 3, the number of years in which a player can be freely sent to the minors. That hasn't changed.

Comment

• Mattingly said at his presser today that Bender is the "go-to guy" in the ninth. If he's still out there...go get em

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Mattingly said at his presser today that Bender is the "go-to guy" in the ninth. If he's still out there...go get em
                            with the Marlins it's all about trading their established closer at the end of the season. Bender is too young. build up the value and flip him. that is who their closer will be.

Comment

• Edward Cabrera being recalled to start on Tuesday.

Comment

Edward Cabrera being recalled to start on Tuesday.
                                I think you should include the “@colorado” part

Comment

Working...
                                X