2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
    Alfaro, Brinson, Steckenreider, Anderson, Castro. Any or all of these?
    Steckenrider, Castro and Anderson should be around $10 maybe a little higher. Provided he is the main guy closing. Romo sucks and Conley is a lefty so thinking

Brinson until he can figure out how to hit will be a BA killer. If he hits 20 HR and steals 10-15 then maybe.

Alfaro double digit HR but other categories will come up short.

Comment

• I'm hoping to get Victor Squared with my late minor league pick. His speed should play in that park. They really went hard after him during the offseason and then brought him to camp, so it looks like they have big plans.

And as much as he may be a d-bag, I'm hoping to get Urena real cheap as my 5th or 6th starter.

Marlins could be a good focus area during dollar days.

Comment

• I think one of their "other" SPs is going to be a good value. I like them all, I'm not sure which one is best. (Caleb Smith, Trevor Williams, Pablo Lopez). All 3 technically come after the "big 3" of Urena, Chen and Straily.

Comment

• Alcantara is raw but has the power arm. After Chen and/or Straily is moved out he should get his shot.

Comment

• Wow! Marlins starting rotation that could have been:

Chris Paddack (traded for Fernando Rodney)
            Domingo German (traded for David Phelps & Martin Prado)
            Luis Castillo (traded for Dan Straily)
            Caleb Smith
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think PLopez and Alcantara also work out in the end
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I know theres a malaise throughout this lineup but any hope for Brian Anderson ROS? He has been pretty awful.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I know theres a malaise throughout this lineup but any hope for Brian Anderson ROS? He has been pretty awful.
                  there....is.....no....hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I'm sad
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• I'm not sure Anderson was correctly valued coming into 2019. I admit, I picked him up in a league where I punted 3B, and I have since dropped him. But should we ever have been high on Brian Anderson? What has he done to suggest that he'd be a viable fantasy asset in the first place? No speed, and very marginal power shown through his career, to go along with an average hit tool. It seems like he really should have only been an NL only option, and a lower tier one at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Looks like the reverse jinx is working swimmingly

Comment

• Marlins on a 6-game winning streak and an early 4-1 lead tonight - aided by an Anderson HR - on the hapless Nationals
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Any inside scoop on Jordan Yamamoto, who has tossed two consecutive 7IP scoreless starts vs. STL? Will he stick in what is becoming a solid Marlins rotation? Lopez just went on the IL, so maybe he gets another 2-3 starts to show what he can do?

Comment

• Is Nick Anderson going to be their closer any time soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                Is Nick Anderson going to be their closer any time soon?
                                Romo has only 1 blown save so far so unless Mattingly is upset with Romo as the closer I don't see any changes there. Last 7 save attempts he has converted.

Comment

Working...
                                X